Chris the Perpetual Student

Thursday, June 28, 2007

EuroTrip recap

Wow for some reason, I thought its only been 2 weeks since I came back from vacation but according to Google Calendar its closer to 4! Which is coincidentally when I got Guitar Hero which has owned by soul since hence the lack of blogging. But luckily for my blog (but no so lucky for my Guitar Hero career) I've been stuck on Woman on Hard mode for the past 2 days so I'm taking a short break from it which has given me the opportunity to finally write this. So I thought I'd recap some interesting things that I learned and discovered on my trip:

-London is insanely busy and crowded. I still can't get over how many people there are in London. And I thought Tokyo was bad (actually Tokyo is bad, but there are times that London has it beat)

-London is also crazy expensive. Things don't looks so bad at first, until you remember that that £3.99 meal is actually $8. And one movie I watched was £11 (I'll let you do the math)

-you know what is cheap though? British men's magazines with picture of naked women in them! Waiting at the airport on the way home, I only had a pound left to my name, but browsing the book shop I discovered Nuts magazine on sale from £1.40 to 70p! How could I afford not to buy it? Best souvenir I've ever bought. Definitely NSFW pics here



-The Tube (aka the subway) the bad: no air conditioning + thousands of people + really small trains = insane heat. I read in summer it can get up to 40 or 50 in the Tube. oy!

-The Tube the good: the Oyster card. I absolutely loved this thing. Its a smart card that works on all public transit that automatically calculates the best fare, holds day and weekly passes, and just plain looks cool!

-I've seen a few episodes of Top Gear before I went to London, but only after getting to watch it every day, at least 3 times a day did I realize how truly friggin awesome this show is. Where else can you find a race between the world' most expensive car and a plane just to pick up a truffle?

-cycling is the preferred method of transportation in Copenhagen, so much so that there are dedicated, raised bike lanes everywhere. But what really makes it awesome is seeing hot Danish girls in business suits and heels riding bikes on their way to work, which only makes their hotness rating increase.

-I correctly guessed that I would lose two pounds on my trip. Doing nothing but walking and eating sandwiches and water for two weeks will do that!

to be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home