Chris the Perpetual Student

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

EuroTrip part 1

Hello!
 
Greetings from Europe!  I'm in Copenhagen right now just hanging out while my friend Eszter and her friend Brian are studying for their exam, although I did offer to write their exams for them.  How hard can an exam on the European Union and its financial system be?  Anyways, I arrived in London first Saturday afternoon, got my first taste of the Underground, and met my friend Nichole, who took me on a quick walking tour of the city to places like Trafalgar Square, St. Paul's, Tower "I'm not London" Bridge, and the Tower of London.  Sunday we went on a long walking tour up Brick Lane to its market, passed by the Columbia flower market, then to some museum on old London housing.  After that I trekked off to north London where I walked to Highgate Cemetary (closed), then up parliament hill for a great view of the city, down to Keats house (closed), then to #2 Willow Rd (closed).  Mental note, don't go sightseeing Sunday evening when everything is closed.  Monday was my flight to copenhagen, which was quite the adventure to get to.  First I couldn't find where the bus to Stansted was.  Then I got to the airport and there was an insanely long check in line (even though I got there when the desk opened) and an equally long line at security, I barely made to it my flight with 10 minutes left.  I got into Copenhagen later that night and met my friend Eszter at the train station.  Today I think I set a world record for most amount of walking in a single day.  I thought I'd be a tough guy and walk into town from her dorm only that its an hour walk into town.  From the town square I walked to the parliament buildings where I decided to sit in on a parliamentary session which of course is all in Danish.  Next I walked to the Marble Tower, then the royal residence, then up to the statue of the Little Mermaid.  At that point it was quite late so I decided to head back, only I took a wrong turn and walked up even further North.  Needless to say the walk home was quite long.  Well thats it for now.  I'm here for a few more days then I'm back in London Friday night.  Until the next update
 
Chris

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home