Chris the Perpetual Student

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Deja Vu


There's a line in one of my favourite RPGs of all time Secret of Mana which goes something like this: Time flows like a river, and history repeats. In other words, things happen again. And again. Take the Yonge St 10k race for example. The first year I ran it was two years ago. That year I sprained my ankle playing volleyball a week before the race, then the night before the race I went to a friend's birthday party and got home at 5 in the morning only to wake up two hours later for the race. Last year, I once again sprained my ankle playing volleyball and couldn't run the 10k race period. So now to this year. The 10k race was a week and a half ago. I managed to avoid spraining my ankle this year (third time would not have been a charm) but once again I was invited to a friend's birthday party (happy birthday jen!) the night before the race. Determined to not repeat the same mistake I had made two years ago, I told myself I would leave early. But just as I would about to leave, I came face to face with a shocking discovery. At that moment I was in a club full of the highest density of hottest girls in my life. Let me repeat that, in... my... life! This place was like 75% girls and 90% of those were hot! As the guy I was hanging out with put it, even the fat ones look hot! (his words, not mine) Anyways, I ended up getting home at 3am, waking up 4 hours later, and running the race (half of which I had to run with my bag since I was too late to check it in, thanks to Chin for bailing me out and running the rest). So yeah, I guess you can't escape destiny. Or a club full of hot girls.

2 Comments:

  • what you call deja vu, I call not learning your lesson.

    smarten up!

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 7:37 a.m.  

  • Anytime there is video games and hot girls mentioned in a story is a good story.

    -mL
    blog.lapasa.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home