Chris the Perpetual Student

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Crackbook


Two reasons why I haven't been able to blog in a while: Rainbox Six Vegas (three player online co-op is so friggin awesome, four player would be more awesome >looks in Chin's direction< ) and Facebook. I am forced to wake up early and blog in the morning because of this. Yeah I finally joined the Facebook bandwagon about a month ago after months of refusing to join as I had already joined (and abandoned) several social networking websites (I'm not the only one who caved >looks at Jay's and Mark's direction(thanks for the pic)<. But I joined just to see pictures from one of my friend's trip and not even an hour later I was bombarded with friend requests from people I haven't heard from in ages and it was all downhill from there. I won't say that I'm addicted to it like so many people I know >looks in Ruby's direction< but I look at it like another e-mail address, the only difference being it's an address that everyone knows and that everyone writes to, so its like getting a hundred e-mails a day which requires time to read and reply to. I have to say though that Facebook is actually quite good, it's not slow (like Friendster), not bombarded by spam (like Myspace) and well just doesn't suck (like hi5). I just wish that Facebook came out first so I wouldn't have had to join all those other sites. One other thing, I now truly believe that the entire planet is on Facebook. Everyone I have ever known or currently know is practically on it. I went to a bar the other day with a bunch of friends and started talking about Facebook and then the waitress comes over and starts talking to us about Facebook. I went to Kelsey's the other day and heard people talking about it. Now when I meet people or friends, its not "whats your e-mail address?", its "are you on facebook?" I won't be surprised if my mom joins facebook (but don't facebook her if she does)

4 Comments:

  • I'm not on facebook yet!

    I will continue to hold out ... for as long as I can at least.

    You sold out man ... you sold out

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 1:19 p.m.  

  • Al.. you suck! Facebook will eventually OWN you..

    By Blogger OhPunk!, at 10:20 a.m.  

  • OMG CATHYAL Need to join facebook
    I AM NOT ADDICTED...ok well I am I admit it but all the kids at school were doing it so I had to join and get you girls and guys on the same bandwagon...gonna delete my myspace soon just waiting for me to get through my 12 steps with that site hehe

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 12:26 p.m.  

  • Thx for the plug. There is that initial sweet high when you first join, then it plateaus. Then it is descent back to where you started... blogging. Now I am back to reading ppls blogs again. Been a while since I was last here.

    -mL
    blog.lapasa.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home