Chris the Perpetual Student

Friday, March 23, 2007

Turtles, Vampires, and Terrorists (oh my)






Ohhhh man. After months of waiting, this week's Wednesday XBox Live Arcade release was none other than one of the greatest games of all time (which also has one of the greatest soundtracks of all time), Castlevania Symphony of the Night and you can bet your whip that I downloaded it faster than you can say Simon's Quest. Just listening to the title screen music is enough to give me chills. I don't know why I keep insisting on replaying or for that matter rebuying games I have already finished especially when there are so many games I have that I haven't finished yet. Oh wait, I do know why, because it's friggin good! I also picked up TMNT 1989 Arcade off Live Arcade last week for some old school nostalgia. I remember how wicked this game was back in the day and this along with X-Men arcade (pleasssseee bring this back) I lost many a quarter.



Ok while I'm talking about games, I just have to mention how wicked Rainbox Six Vegas is. To me Vegas and Gears of War are neck and neck which is saying a lot. I still get shocked playing Vegas with how insanely incredibly detailed it is. Maybe because I haven't had a new system in a while, but things like playing co-op online with someone and not only seeing their face mapped onto the character's head, but also having the character's mouth move whenever your partner speaks blows my mind away. I'll admit though that its semi strange to see your buddy walking and talking beside you in a game, although it does make it more fun shooting them :)

1 Comments:

  • i know what *i'm* playing tonight!

    yesssssssssss (c) N.Dynamite

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 6:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home