St Patricks Day for Dummies

File this one under I'm a retard. For St. Patties day, I was invited to go out with some co-workers for a night of drinking, drinking and more drinking. So I thought I'd be smart and take the bus downtown. After several hours at the bar, I decided to go home which was about 12:30. I caught the bus to the square one bus terminal and arrived at around 1:30 and it wasn't until then that it dawned on me that the bus I needed to take home was no longer running at that time >slaps forehead< So I took the last bus that was running as far west as it could and ended up walking the rest of the distance home (I am proud of the fact that I correctly estimated that it would take me 40 minutes to walk home, yay for small victories!) I have to say that nothing sobers you up faster than a long, cold walk home. To keep myself entertained I played mp3s on my cell phone, which I'm sure was an interesting sight to see a guy walking in the middle of the night accompanied by the sound of What goes around comes around. Anyways, I finally got home at 3am and to compound my problem, I had to get up in 4 hours to play basketball. Mental note to self for future: when trying to be smart, dont just be half smart!

3 Comments:
What about calling a cab? Stop thinking like you're in university, start thinking like you have a job (because you do).
By
Lil Lex, at 8:05 a.m.
i second that.
By
Anonymous, at 3:47 p.m.
I third that motion. Yes -- that would have been a what? $8.00 cab ride. Yo. I would've subsidized!
WAR I third that motion
WAR Stop being like Chin
WAR Command and Conquer 3 OWNS!
By
OhPunk!, at 9:31 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home