Chris the Perpetual Student

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Iron Chef, Chris?

Before I moved out, I was confident in all areas of independent living save one: cooking. I ate whatever my parents and grandmother made or whatever I could find in the freezer that I could throw in the oven. I decided though that instead of taking the easy way out and going out to eat that I would tackle my weakness head on, and to that effect I vowed that I would not eat out and I can proudly say that after two months of being on my own, I haven't eaten out once yet. Sure at the beginning I was living off Captain Hiliner and McCain super fries, but as time went on the forays into the kitchen increased and now I cook every day. At first I knew how to make only one or two things, but now I got more than a few recipes up my sleeve. My cooking skills have not been without some growing pains though, I need only recall my first attempt at stir fry which literally ended up in smoke. But I think I've earned enough cooking experience points that my character is ready to level up and to that effect I've started watching the food network and I have to say I'm hooked, this channel is on heavy heavy rotation here. Just got the last episode of Hell's Kitchen which I have never watched before and man that was some exciting stuff, definitely will catch this one again. The only thing that sucks is that it depresses me watching these shows that I don't have half of the stuff they have, but at least every trip to the grocery means one less thing I'll be missing. Anyways, I've come to enjoy cooking so much that I've decided to become an Iron Chef and take on all challengers in kitchen stadium. Hey it could happen. Just imagine...

3 Comments:

  • My wife will pwn you. But you'd be able to beat me.

    Sigh. Is there an Iron kitchen cleaner-upper? That's where I'm a viking!

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 10:24 a.m.  

  • Al you'd be able to beat me, but Chin would own your wife.

    Al: I would also own you in cleaning kitchens.

    Challenge 2K7

    By Blogger OhPunk!, at 8:14 p.m.  

  • LOL Photoshop

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home