Chris the Perpetual Student

Sunday, January 14, 2007

From Russia with Love

Apologizes once again for the lack of posting, since I moved out there never seems to be a shortage of people coming over or chores to do or requests to play on live which has really cut in to my computer time. The recap is going to have to wait a bit, I'm going to keep this post short so I can hit the hay early since I need to recover from last nights work christmas/holiday party in which somehow I got home at 4 in the morning (the highlights of my night were provided by my co-worker who just immigrated from Russia. First he asked the bartender for a bottle of vodka but was refused because it's illegal. He then asked the bartender if he could serve shots of vodka every 15 minutes but was refused again. My co-worker was so dumbfounded by all of this. I guess they really know how to drink in Russia!) Anyways, a friend once asked me before I moved out if I had thought about how lonely it would be living by myself. After a month on my own, so far I haven't felt lonely at all. People are over often and playing on live makes you feel like your hanging out with people so it hardly ever feels like I'm by myself. Perhaps as time goes on and the frequency of visitors decreases I might start to feel it but right now life goes on as normal. I do find myself calling people more though, even though I can go extremely long periods without saying anything even I need to work the old vocal chords every once in a while and living by yourself you dont get to do that as much as you used to. Anyways I've rambled long enough, time for sleep.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home