Signs

Have you seen the movie Signs? If not, too bad. It's a M. Night Shyamalan movie which means it has a twist ending and so the following information may have potential spoilers. You have been warned. When I first watched this movie, I thought, eh, that movie wasn't so good. It was slow and I didn't really get the point of the whole movie. When I told this to my friend John when he asked my opinion of the movie, he then proceeded to explain to me what the whole movie was about and after telling me I thought wow, I get it now, that was a good movie. *SPOILER ALERT ON* Basically the whole movie is about signs (stupid me). During the course of the movie, several strange events occur. It's not until the end of the movie that you and the main character realize that these strange events were actually signs, specifically signs as to how the bad guy at the end could be defeated. What makes it cool is that you have to ask yourself, how could these events have foreshadowed the future? Is there a higher power at work here? *SPOILER ALERT OFF*
Ok so whats the point of my whole story. So today is the day I get my condo. I had planned to move my stuff today because I figured that was the normal thing to do. But over the past few weeks my dad kept hinting to me over and over again that I should move on the weekend. I later found out that my dad thought it was unlucky to move on the 13th. I obliged simply to keep my dad happy, but really I thought it was silly. I mean what could really happen? Moving on the weekend would mean I would have to wait even longer to move in. Anyways, so I'm supposed to get my key today. I call my lawyer up to see if everything is cool and she says she is just waiting for the money from the bank to come in and when thats all done, I'd get a call from the builder that I could get my key. 1 o'clock passes. 2 o'clock passes. 3, 4, then finally at 5 o'clock I get a call that I could get my key, but the office was now closing so I'd have to come get my key tomorrow. So then I thought to myself, wow it was a good thing I didn't move today. Then I paused and thought some more. The reason I didn't move today was because my dad told me not too because he knew there was something bad about this day... Damn, how did my dad know? Was there some power he was chanelling that I don't know about? Anyways, I thought that was freaky. Then I thought about the movie Signs. Is there a twist ending for me?

2 Comments:
The twist is that old man John is moving in with you.
Are you going to pick up this Ikea desk from our place or what?
By
Lil Lex, at 11:44 a.m.
And come pick up the table from my house.
STM will be there!
By
OhPunk!, at 11:05 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home