Chris the Perpetual Student

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Wii60

Ok so I didn't come away from the weekend with a Wii. What happened you say? I know I've been hyping this for weeks but let me explain. My plan was to get a Wii on the Wiikend and then eventually get an XBox 360 sometime in the next coming months. But Future Shop made me an offer on Friday on a 360 that I couldn't refuse and so I bought one! So now I'm a member of the 360 nation. I still plan on getting a Wii sometime, so my plan just got flip flopped. Still, I kind of wish I got to line up and get one, mostly so I could play DS with all the Nintendo fan boys in line, or witness some crazy line-up story. Here's my favourite summary of the weekend:



So far I love my new toy. Not to be a graphics whore like Shaun (side note: the annual tradition of trying to setup a Christmas Starcraft LAN party and failing will ontinue this year! Shaun you'd better start practicing) but I'm still wow'ed by the eye candy of next gen graphics. It's funny though, because the same feeling happens every time a new console comes out. I remember when I first saw Gran Turismo on Playstation 1 and how I thought "man this is as close to real life as it can get." Now its like, those graphics suck. So in 10 years I'll probably be looking back again and shaking my head at being so impressed. But for now, I'm going to enjoy my next gen eye candy in all its glory. Anyone on Live wanna play some Ghost Recon?

1 Comments:

  • Laugh - I remember Ridge Racer being the GREATEST graphics ever! Nevermind.. NEO GEO!

    Or Turbo Graphics 16!

    Even SEGA was where it was at at some point.

    Re: Star Craft.. it's alright.. I still can beat Cathy and Anthony.. and Alison...

    Striaght up -- play something recent -- I'll do well...

    By Blogger OhPunk!, at 11:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home