High School Reunion
So it's my high school's 10 year reunion on Saturday. I never thought it would actually happen, I mean who remembers or has the effort to organize this sort of thing, but I'm glad somebody out there did cause I've always wanted to go to one. Anything even that you think about 10 years in the future that actually is going to happen has got to be somewhat intriguing. Most people there will probably be people I still see or have seen recently, but a big reason I want to go is for the possibility of seeing some people I haven't seen since, well, high school. 10 years is not a short amount of time by any stretch of the imagination, that's pretty much a third of your entire life that went by so it'll be interesting to find out what transpired in that span of time for a number of people. But secretly a small reason everyone goes to these things is to A) see how well/not well people turned out and/or B) show people they've turned out better. I think I fall into the latter, I mean, the last time people saw me in high school would remember me like this:

Yikes!
I sorta wish though that I did something exceptionally cool in the 10 years that have passed since high school. I used to always picture myself coming to this thing as the president of my own video game company. So that never happened. But something cool would have been cool. In Grosse Point Blank, John Cusack comes back to his high school reunion as an assasin. How cool would that have been? Or even better, I once caught an episode of Family Business which follows the life of a porn producer and it was so awesome when he went to his reunion. Random guy: "So what do you do?" Porn guy: "I produce adult films" I wish I could say something like that!
Oh and we finally get to see if Cathy's theory of people gaining or losing weight is true or not!

Yikes!
I sorta wish though that I did something exceptionally cool in the 10 years that have passed since high school. I used to always picture myself coming to this thing as the president of my own video game company. So that never happened. But something cool would have been cool. In Grosse Point Blank, John Cusack comes back to his high school reunion as an assasin. How cool would that have been? Or even better, I once caught an episode of Family Business which follows the life of a porn producer and it was so awesome when he went to his reunion. Random guy: "So what do you do?" Porn guy: "I produce adult films" I wish I could say something like that!
Oh and we finally get to see if Cathy's theory of people gaining or losing weight is true or not!

4 Comments:
Chris, I still see you looking like that!
By
Anonymous, at 7:47 a.m.
I hope the Shadow shows!! I can't wait..
PUNPAR!
By
OhPunk!, at 11:25 a.m.
Hi Chris,
I'm conducting an online survey to explore the privacy attitudes and expectations of bloggers.
Please click to take part in the survey: http://www.ccsr.ac.uk/privacysurvey/
If you participate you will be asked to answer questions anonymously about your blogging practices and your expectations of privacy when publishing online. All answers will be stored and analysed on a confidential basis.
The responses will be used to inform academic and policy discussions on blogging practices and attitudes towards privacy.
Finally, could you please encourage other bloggers to participate in the study.
It takes less than 5 minutes to complete the survey!
For further information on my research please visit
http://www.ccsr.ac.uk/staff/km.htm or, email:
Karen.mccullagh@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
I am a PhD researcher at CCSR, University of Manchester, England. I am sponsored by the ESRC and Office of the Information Commissioner, UK.
Many thanks,
Karen
p.s. Yeah, High school reunions are kinda weird in the sense that they make you reflect on what you have accomplished in life!!
By
Anonymous, at 9:55 a.m.
Karen, you're such a spammer -- but actually sound legit.. you're lucky.. THIS TIME!
Chris, sorry dawg.. you have to do her survey now...
By
OhPunk!, at 8:18 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home