Misadventure Week
So the cottage was good times. Spent a lot of time with my baby nephew who's turning two next month which was awesome (spent an entire night watching him tear up pieces of tissue then helping him throw them around the room, fun fun fun) Wasn't really in the mood to do too much outdoorsy type things, instead I just chilled out, played DS, get rocked at Foozball, and eat and sleep. Perfect.
So other then the cottage, I didn't really didn't give my vacation much thought before I decided to take it, other than to make it another adventure week like I had four years ago (normally I'd travel somewhere, but travel funds have been turned into furniture funds for this year). So I've pretty much had to make up my vacation as I went along this week. Yesterday I made into errand day, yes not very vacation like, but I did manage to salvage the day by watching Crank, which if I don't see a better movie in the next three months will hands down be the best movie I've seen in 2006. It really deserves its own post, but since its late and I'm lazy, I'll just say that its a pure guy flick (although it does have Jason Statham for the ladies), with the best action I've seen since Bad Boys II. Anyways, go watch it, its awesome.
Today I had lunch with a really good friend, then since I was already at the beaches, took a nice long nap at the beach, followed by some blading and some volleyball with two cute blonde girls. And now I just came back from hanging out at Playdium. Now thats more like vacation I'm talking about!
Ok after much debate during my beach nap, I decided to spend my last day of vacation hanging out downtown, do some star gazing and hopefully finally catch a movie at the Film Festival because every year I say I'm going to watch one and never do. Unfortunately its taken me all week and up to this moment to figure out why my vacation has felt so short compared to when I travel and the reason is that I've been leaving my house close to 12 due to laziness whereas when I travel I'm up bright and early and by 12 I've already done hours of travelling already. So I've got my alarm clock set nice and early for tomorrow, which is bad because its already 1 am and I'm going to be so rocked tomorrow, but such is the price of vacation! Well time for sleep, need that energy to ambush movie stars tomorrow.
So other then the cottage, I didn't really didn't give my vacation much thought before I decided to take it, other than to make it another adventure week like I had four years ago (normally I'd travel somewhere, but travel funds have been turned into furniture funds for this year). So I've pretty much had to make up my vacation as I went along this week. Yesterday I made into errand day, yes not very vacation like, but I did manage to salvage the day by watching Crank, which if I don't see a better movie in the next three months will hands down be the best movie I've seen in 2006. It really deserves its own post, but since its late and I'm lazy, I'll just say that its a pure guy flick (although it does have Jason Statham for the ladies), with the best action I've seen since Bad Boys II. Anyways, go watch it, its awesome.
Today I had lunch with a really good friend, then since I was already at the beaches, took a nice long nap at the beach, followed by some blading and some volleyball with two cute blonde girls. And now I just came back from hanging out at Playdium. Now thats more like vacation I'm talking about!
Ok after much debate during my beach nap, I decided to spend my last day of vacation hanging out downtown, do some star gazing and hopefully finally catch a movie at the Film Festival because every year I say I'm going to watch one and never do. Unfortunately its taken me all week and up to this moment to figure out why my vacation has felt so short compared to when I travel and the reason is that I've been leaving my house close to 12 due to laziness whereas when I travel I'm up bright and early and by 12 I've already done hours of travelling already. So I've got my alarm clock set nice and early for tomorrow, which is bad because its already 1 am and I'm going to be so rocked tomorrow, but such is the price of vacation! Well time for sleep, need that energy to ambush movie stars tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home