Chris the Perpetual Student

Monday, July 31, 2006

63



Ok this time I have a legitimate excuse as to why no blog posts last week. Let me explain.

So last Monday I went to the preview of some condo townhouses that I've been eyeing for quite a while, knowing that they were going on sale Saturday morning at 8am. Everything looked good and I picked out the model that I wanted. The thing was that the prices were pretty cheap so I knew I'd have to camp out to get one as it was first come first serve so I figured I'd show up Friday night ready to camp out based on experiences from others (I got conned into buying a Nintendo DS Lite for this very purpose, although it wouldn't have taken much to get me to buy one anyways. Multi player Tetris on the go? Done and done!) So the next day after my beach volleyball game, I get a call from my Mom saying that people were lining up already!! Oh snap! WTH?! So I race down to the sales center and my mom has gotten my number 70. Now there I was faced with the dilemma of how in the heck I was going to camp out for a whole three days and four nights and even if I did manage to do it, was it really worth it at number 70? Who knows if what I wanted would still be available. I initially was going to forget about it, but my mom worked it out so that my parents would stay there during the day and I'd take the night shift, and I had already waited so long for this place so I said what the hell, go for it! Crazy?? Yes!!

Anyways, it was a pretty interesting couple of nights. The people who were organizing the whole line up thing (a couple of cute young ladies) were pretty well organized, everyone wore their assigned numbers and attendance was taken regularly. Although the accomodations weren't exactly luxurious (most people including myself were camped out in the open garages) I'd have to say it was a pretty fun time. Imagine having a block party with your neighbours every night! The builders provided free food and water, there was even a bbq and movie night (which I missed out on, boo-urns). And I have to say sleeping the garage was some of the best sleep I've had, it was so nice and cool, I have to agree with some of the other guys there, we got so used to sleeping in the garage that when we move in we'll probably stay in the garage. haha

Friday night was semi-interesting. A fight almost broke out when some people who showed up not knowing there was a line for a whole week were pretty pissed off, but anyways we could take them on, there was 300 of us versus them (oh yeah, did I mention the lineup got up to the 300s? Theres only 160 units, do the math people!) The rest of the night went without a hitch, and come the next morning we all got into the official line up (got bumped up to 63, woohoo!) As the numbers got called out, I slowly began to realize that I might actually get one of the units that I wanted, and lo and behold when my number got called, one of them was still on the board. Yoink! So my move in date is December 13, which means housewarming party! Whats interesting is my parents bought a unit as well just across the street from me for whenever they decide to retire and sell the house, which means I get to walk across the street and steal milk and food from them. Anyways, this gets bumped up to number one on my "craziest things I have ever done" list, bumping clubbing to 6am, waking up at 8am and running a 10k race on a sprained ankle, to number two. "So there was this one time, I camped out for three days..."


The front of the line


The back of the line


Staking my claim. Too bad suckers!

p.s. big thanks to the folks for holding my spot!

4 Comments:

  • thats good stuff man.. glad you could make enough time for dinner that night. lol. housewarming most definitely!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 p.m.  

  • Hey man! Congrats on the new place! Wicked.. Corciega moves out! Props!

    By Blogger OhPunk!, at 5:41 p.m.  

  • Man that's crazy, congrats!

    -mL
    blog.lapasa.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 p.m.  

  • is there going to be poker?

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 7:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home