Week Surgery
Oh punk! I came home to watch both game 7's of the NBA playoffs but they're both on The Score which I don't get. Such punkage. Now what am I going to fill in the 5+ hours of my life that those two games would have taken up? I guess I can update my blog with a really long account of my surgery!
So most of you know that last week I had day surgery to fix a breathing problem that I have but really I think it should be called week surgery. Let me explain. Before this, I pictured day surgery the same way that getting my wisdom teeth removed went down. You go in, sit in a chair, they knock you out with anaesthesia, they do their thing, you wake up all groggy and sore an hour later, someone drives you home, you sit in bed for a day recovering, then a day or two later you're all good. Wrong! So first me and my friend Cathy arrive at the hospital, I go to register and they give me a bracelet with my name and info on it and I think to myself, hey thats cool! Then we go to the surgical centre and then some old lady takes me to go change (which was funny cause Cathy thought the old lady was going to help me undress, yikes!). So then I put on the surgical gown and booties, and I think to myself, this is getting kinda serious! (fyi: at first I wasn't sure if I was supposed to go stark naked but then I said eff that although later on the old lady said it was ok) Then they do all sorts of tests on me and tell me all the things I shouldn't do after surgery so I won't die. When it came time for the surgery, the nurse told me to say goodbye to Cathy (WTH??!! goodbye?? I'm coming back aren't I??) then she takes me to a real operating room like you see on TV complete with operating table and big operating lights (side note: I kept thinking to myself the whole time, these lights look like the ones in metal gear when you're getting tortured, cool!) A few minutes later its lights out. I awake in the recovery room an hour later with nasal packing the size of a D battery shoved up my nose and let me tell you, them suckers ain't pleasant! If you can imagine the most uncomfortable feeling you've ever had, and multiply that by a thousand, that's still nowhere near how uncomfortable I felt with those things.

After waiting in the recovery room, I get a nice wheelchair ride to the car (yessss!) and I'm back at home. That night was the most roughest night of my life, I gave up trying to go to sleep because the pain and having to breathe through my mouth made it damn near impossible and so I ended up just staring at the clock counting down the minutes until I was going to get the nasal packing removed the next day. After an eternity it was finally the next day and after an excruciatingly long wait at the hospital I finally got the torture devices removed. Anyways to wrap up my long story, I ended up being confined to bed for the entire week instead of the one day I thought it would be, which is why I think it should be called week surgery, cause it takes a whole week to get better! Anyways, I've a ton of backlogged stuff to post so expect lots of updates to come.
So most of you know that last week I had day surgery to fix a breathing problem that I have but really I think it should be called week surgery. Let me explain. Before this, I pictured day surgery the same way that getting my wisdom teeth removed went down. You go in, sit in a chair, they knock you out with anaesthesia, they do their thing, you wake up all groggy and sore an hour later, someone drives you home, you sit in bed for a day recovering, then a day or two later you're all good. Wrong! So first me and my friend Cathy arrive at the hospital, I go to register and they give me a bracelet with my name and info on it and I think to myself, hey thats cool! Then we go to the surgical centre and then some old lady takes me to go change (which was funny cause Cathy thought the old lady was going to help me undress, yikes!). So then I put on the surgical gown and booties, and I think to myself, this is getting kinda serious! (fyi: at first I wasn't sure if I was supposed to go stark naked but then I said eff that although later on the old lady said it was ok) Then they do all sorts of tests on me and tell me all the things I shouldn't do after surgery so I won't die. When it came time for the surgery, the nurse told me to say goodbye to Cathy (WTH??!! goodbye?? I'm coming back aren't I??) then she takes me to a real operating room like you see on TV complete with operating table and big operating lights (side note: I kept thinking to myself the whole time, these lights look like the ones in metal gear when you're getting tortured, cool!) A few minutes later its lights out. I awake in the recovery room an hour later with nasal packing the size of a D battery shoved up my nose and let me tell you, them suckers ain't pleasant! If you can imagine the most uncomfortable feeling you've ever had, and multiply that by a thousand, that's still nowhere near how uncomfortable I felt with those things.

After waiting in the recovery room, I get a nice wheelchair ride to the car (yessss!) and I'm back at home. That night was the most roughest night of my life, I gave up trying to go to sleep because the pain and having to breathe through my mouth made it damn near impossible and so I ended up just staring at the clock counting down the minutes until I was going to get the nasal packing removed the next day. After an eternity it was finally the next day and after an excruciatingly long wait at the hospital I finally got the torture devices removed. Anyways to wrap up my long story, I ended up being confined to bed for the entire week instead of the one day I thought it would be, which is why I think it should be called week surgery, cause it takes a whole week to get better! Anyways, I've a ton of backlogged stuff to post so expect lots of updates to come.

2 Comments:
Almost...
http://digitalninja.mk5.org/subzero.jpg
...get well soon.
-mL
blog.lapasa.net
By
Anonymous, at 2:22 p.m.
ahhhhhhhhh Chris gald to see that you can still type and post hehe. Hope your breathing though your nose is back to normal....hospitals are no fun! :)
By
Rubex Cube, at 9:41 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home