Chris the Perpetual Student

Thursday, April 06, 2006

On the IL

Being on the injured list sucks. I didn't realize how boring life can get what you can't walk. I'm so used to going out every night and doing something that sitting at home trapped in my room time crawls at an excruciating slow space. At the very least, I got to go through a very large chunk of Jon's Lost DVDs and damn that stuff is good! I just happen to randomly come across Lost on TV last night but I couldn't bear to watch it due to washed out colours, fuzzy cable reception, and blurry images. Looks like HD is the way to go!

Anyways, the good news is I finally went back to work today. The bad news is I'm still limping like there's no tomorrow. Even though its too late to change the rules which I would conveniently miss out on if I can't run on Saturday, here are my reasons for switching to a least improved time ranking to determine last place for next year:
A. There is a very very very low chance that a certain few of us will ever come in last* Wheres the challenge in that? It really comes down to a race between certain individuals
B. Even if some of us run the worst race of our lives, we still wouldn't come in last. Where's the motivation to improve? Where's the fear of the possibility of having to pay for dinner? There is none!
C. If the person whos running in last knows they lost, whats to stop them from giving up and walking? What kind of values does that teach our children? (err, future children)
Anyways I'm really hoping my ankle is good to go on saturday, even if I gotta walk the 8k, cause its tradition and I enjoy the challenge. Cause really, its not whether you win or lose, its how you run the race right?

*arrogance disclaimer, to please running gods

4 Comments:

  • I endorse your theory. We should make the runner with the worst improvement (or the greatest un-improvement) pay for dinner.

    I also endorse you walking the 8K. If you do that, you'll have to pay for sure (under either structure)!

    Al: never wants to pay for race dinner

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 7:39 a.m.  

  • Damn it Chris that actually made sense, I might change my mind and show up! blahhhhhhhhhhhh

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 8:45 a.m.  

  • what the fuck? I mentioned this on my blog on Jan 18th and no one said shit! what the fuck you assholes!

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 5:50 p.m.  

  • Love you too Chin!

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 12:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home