Bad Food, Good Games
So according to the little count down thingy, theres only about a month and a half left before the race. I moved into phase two of my training (wait, did I have a phase one?) as I started my training diet this week. I went grocery shopping last night and I felt like I've turned into some kind of health freak, reading all the nutritional labels, buying low fat salad dressing, whole wheat bread (which I hate), a bag of oranges and a bag of salad. Although I have to admit, I didn't go cold turkey on bad food, evidenced by my participation in whopper wednesday at work today (610 calories in that sucker!) Hey I still have a month and a half to get it right, right?

Inspired by Al's pursuit of finishing Mike Tyson's Punchout, I decided to also take up the cause and try to beat it myself because I enjoy a challenge and for the supreme video game props I would get for saying that I finished Punchout! I also took up trying to finish other classic NES games like Contra (without cheating!) and Megaman because playing Gunstar Super Heroes reminded me how much fun it is to actually spend hours and hours getting good at a game in order to finish, unlike games nowadays which just plain take hours to finish. Unfortunately this is a bad thing as its eating into my already long list of games to play, so little time, so many games to play! BTW, I finished Metal Gear Solid 2 last night finally after all these years since playing the first one, and I have to say that was one of the most messed up and confusing endings ever. I swear, you need a phd in psychology/philosophy to understand that one.
Canada lost to Russia today. Boooo. All I have to say is they should have played more Ice Hockey for NES at their lunch like I do. They could have used their fat guys to knock down those Russians!

Inspired by Al's pursuit of finishing Mike Tyson's Punchout, I decided to also take up the cause and try to beat it myself because I enjoy a challenge and for the supreme video game props I would get for saying that I finished Punchout! I also took up trying to finish other classic NES games like Contra (without cheating!) and Megaman because playing Gunstar Super Heroes reminded me how much fun it is to actually spend hours and hours getting good at a game in order to finish, unlike games nowadays which just plain take hours to finish. Unfortunately this is a bad thing as its eating into my already long list of games to play, so little time, so many games to play! BTW, I finished Metal Gear Solid 2 last night finally after all these years since playing the first one, and I have to say that was one of the most messed up and confusing endings ever. I swear, you need a phd in psychology/philosophy to understand that one.
Canada lost to Russia today. Boooo. All I have to say is they should have played more Ice Hockey for NES at their lunch like I do. They could have used their fat guys to knock down those Russians!

2 Comments:
seriously, i don't know how anyone can finish COntra with out the cheat. that's unpossible!
By
chinwhat, at 5:30 p.m.
I'm with you on the bad food diet! I'm stopping effective two days ago when I dropped that Wendy's triple.
Ugh..........
** Shaun **
My awesome blog: ohpunk.blogspot.com
-
By
OhPunk!, at 1:22 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home