Chris the Perpetual Student

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

SNAG

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day if you did anything for it. Me and my love, Keiko the car, spent it at the movie theatre (well I did at least, she stayed in the parking lot) and it was a pretty good time. Oh and I'm sorry I forgot our two year anniversary, I swear I'll make it up to you!

Anyways, what I wanted to talk about was this new term I heard. I was watching some special on Much More Music and they were talking about ballads, and how the new wave of ballads coming out in the the form of pop rock ballads are hitting it big because of their appeal to the Sensitive New Age Guy (aka SNAG) Then they started talking about what a SNAG is and I was thinking to myself, hey that's me! So I decided to do some more research into it and so here are some characteristics of being a SNAG:

-like to cry at weddings (that's me)
-man raised in a post-feminist society who will invite a woman to his home for gree tea instead of an alcoholic drink (could be me)
-guy who has a ponytail, wears Birkenstocks, listens to Dave Mathews, owns a big dog, and is always giving you a hug whether you want one or not (not me)
-kakai's, denim shirts and flower show on TLC. Can be either straight or gay. Also referred to as a "Stray" (see Stray Def.) Tends to drink wine and certain imported beers (definitely not me)
-an emasculated male who prefers yoga to football and uses massage as a pick up technique (could be me)

Ok so maybe I'm just a SG (Sensitive Guy), just don't mistake me for being metrosexual, which apparently is "an urban male of any sexual orientation who has a strong aesthetic sense and spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle" which could be all true about me, except for the great deal of time and money part. I like buying clothes, but not that much!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home