Chris the Perpetual Student

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Recap Show

Damn, over before it even started, that was my so called holiday in a nut shell. It went by so fast I didn't get a chance to blog any of it. So here's a recap.

Christmas was a nice evening spent with the family, and the usual fun family antics ensued. Due to myself making making too many A Slippery Slide Through A Muddy Chicken Coops, I was somehow coerced into singing karaoke, and in my slightly buzzed state, the resulting show was, in a word, entertaining. My brother-in-law gots a video of it, if that ever gets out, I'm ruined!

As usual, I had to work boxing day, the sixth boxing day notch on my HR belt. Unfortunately I got stuck with coming in at 8 which was quite the struggle as I never get up earlier than 9. I drove cause the subways dont work that early, so I parked my car and went to pay, which was $5 until six on holidays, which is pretty sweet. But I was scheduled till 8 so I had to put in extra money, and you know how much it ended up costing? $17!! Such punkage.

I also had to work Tuesday and that was supposed to be it, but somehow I got cornered into working Wednesday as well. Yo, I only get three weeks of vacation a year, why am I getting punked, the high school kids get two months off, take from them! Becaues of my bitterness, I decided to buy myself Gunstar Super Heroes to compensate myself for working. Yay for bitterness!

With 3/5ths of my vacation gone, I tasked myself with cleaning my room on Thursday, which I had decided to do before the vacation started. My room is quite the disaster, having out grown it a long time ago, so I decided to get rid of some stuff. Now most people know I'm a pretty sentimental guy and I dont throw a lot of stuff away. This includes every single notebook and binder from my entire school career, that's almost twenty years worth of stuff! I was very loathe to throw any of it away because theres a lot of good memories in those notes, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I uncovered some cool old stuff, including a bunch of scripts that my friends and I wrote in high school. Here's an excerpt:
---
FATHER and STUPID KID step forward
Hello, your honour. I want to change my kid's name to Stupid Kid

JUDGE with a funny look on his face
I bet your pardon?

FATHER
Stupid Kid...

JUDGE
Very well, under the state of blah blah blah, get out of my court...

FATHER
c'mon, let's go, stupid kid

MICKEY MANTLE holding bat
What? Did you call me a stupid kid?

FATHER
Nah, Nah, I was calling my son. His name is Stupid Kid

FATHER, as MICKEY MANTLE is turning his back
Yeah, stupid kid...
-----

Haha, such old school humour, only as kids could we have come up with things like these. WTH did mickey mantle have anything to do with this. Hilarious

So Friday I spent the day looking for my Team ID secret santa gift. I still didn't know what to get, so I cruised around the mall looking for stuff. I finally decided upon buying a copy of the Kama Sutra, since a couple of my friends were in new relationships, some of my friends are in existing relationships, and the singles could also use it as well, a gift all could use! Due to my membership in Team ID, it took me forever to decide on which book to buy. Theres the modern one with photos, the old school original, another that had 77 positions and on and on. Man I spent the whole afternoon reading sex books, which I guess wasn't a total loss, but there went another day down the drain. The Team ID party itself was pretty awesome, there was some good hardcore punkage and antics. As usual, it did not disappoint. And now I have a "I tried Johnny Walker Blue Label" story I can bust out now and then.

New Year's eve was alright, just hung out with friends and watched music videos all night. Part of me wanted to go out and do something, but the other part of me was comfortable lying on the floor of my friends place and doing nothing. The lying on the floor part won.

So I just checked last year's New Years post, and it turns out I didn't accomplish any of my resolutions and goals for last year. In fact, I think my sleeping in got even worse. So this year I decided to something slightly different, and make a to do list of realistic things I can actually accomplish.

TO DO list for 2k6
-buy a condo, move out
-run 8k in under 47 mins, 10k under 57 mins (this will hopefully motivate myself to run more, which is my real goal)
-finish Brood War, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Vagrant Story (I'm keeping this list short so that I'll actually be able to get this done)
-write the Japanese Proficiency test (so that I'll start studying Japanese again)
-make one of the games from Wario Ware (so that I can write a game I can actually finish)

So it's time for a new motto for the year and I've taken a liking to:
More Talk, More Action

With my new found less shyness and daringness, I figured the next step is to actually use it for something and be more social. After all, more friends equals more fun!

1 Comments:

  • good motto, just don't make it:

    All talk, no action

    like some memberS (yes, plural) of TeamID. Op!

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 6:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home