The Economics of Driving
So the other day I was pondering how best I could spend my lunch hour. Then it occurred to me that heck, I work so close enough to home that I could go home for lunch. But then I thought to myself maybe it's not worth it to go home because of the gas I'd be consuming. So I decided to settle the argument by calculating it out.
Distance to work: Approx 10km. (btw, I timed myself the other day and I was able to reach work in 15 minutes. That does not suck)
Fuel economy: City, 10.2L/100km
Approx price of gas: $0.85
Approx cost of round trip: $1.73
Now it costs me about $2 to buy my Michelina's for lunch so its hard not to argue with the math.
But then I stepped outside and it was freaking cold so I went back to the office.
Distance to work: Approx 10km. (btw, I timed myself the other day and I was able to reach work in 15 minutes. That does not suck)
Fuel economy: City, 10.2L/100km
Approx price of gas: $0.85
Approx cost of round trip: $1.73
Now it costs me about $2 to buy my Michelina's for lunch so its hard not to argue with the math.
But then I stepped outside and it was freaking cold so I went back to the office.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home