Chris the Perpetual Student

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Boss Battle


Ok so I've been in a volleyball tournament at the Y for the past three weeks and I'm proud to say my team battled our way to the finals next week (and I mean battled, we only had 4 players on Wednesday!) I've only been a participant in a sports final once in my life, and that was for co-ed intramural basketball in university where similarly I had an undermanned team which unfortunately led to our team getting rocked because the other team just wore us down. Hopefully my second crack at a finals will be a good one because it would be nice feeling to actually win something. It's cool because, continuing my RPG analogy (hey if Jon can relate everything to basketball, I can relate everything to a video game), this finals is like the boss battle, with me being one of the lower level characters in the party surrounded by a bunch of higher level characters (my teammates). Now obviously being a lower level causes my character to die a lot or take a lot of damage (aka I screw up) and the higher level characters have to use up their ethers and phoenix downs to save my butt, and that my character does very little damage whereas the other characters can pull out these awesome spells and attacks (the super crazy spike attack is my favourite). But my character is not completely useless and the odd critical hit here and there causes some hurt in the boss, and at the end of the day, when the boss is defeated, my character gains a ton of experience points and gains a lot more levels. So thats where I hope to be next week, hoisting up the imaginary trophy in triumph during my victory lap around the gym. Then again, if we lose, then I got to reload from a save point. I hate that!

2 Comments:

  • i'll give you my rare Phoenix knee pads which will increase your dive cusion rating by +4

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 5:35 p.m.  

  • photstar 7? I never knew you had in you Chris!

    By Blogger OhPunk!, at 12:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home