Down and.. Out?
What a crazy past few days it has been. First it was back to back late nights at the bowling alley Thursday and Friday (I fully endorse bowling now by the way, spin that ball!) and then it was clubbing on Saturday which thanks to daylight savings I ended up coming home at 5 in the morning (side story: I ran into some girls I play volleyball with at the Y when we went for Chinese at 4 in the morning, what are the chances of that?) I ended up waking up at 2 the next day which ended up being a write off and for some reason instead of going to bed nice and early I ended up staying up to watch celebrity poker till 1:30 in the morning (that girl who played the little girl from party of 5 is pretty hot now)
Anyways to top it all off, the icing on the cake was today at volleyball. All was going well, we were playing pretty good and it was pretty competitive, but with about 10 mins left to play I went up for a block but as I came down CRUNCH! Done. Game Over. Finito. Out with an ankle sprain. With only 5 days left till the race I shake my magic 8 ball and it comes up >the outcome looks doubtful< The last time I sprained my ankle I did it on a Wednesday, missed two days of work, and ended up doing a 10k race the following Sunday, albeit all gimpy like, so perhaps all hope is not lost. Will I run or will I be a spectator? Where's Dr T when you need him so he can diagnose my ankle? But for now, my ankle is thorougly RICEd out (rest, ice, compression, elevation). I have to hope that the running gods forgive me for my arrogance and that I recover quickly otherwise the running gods have taught me a good lesson, and that's not to play volleyball the week of a race!
Anyways to top it all off, the icing on the cake was today at volleyball. All was going well, we were playing pretty good and it was pretty competitive, but with about 10 mins left to play I went up for a block but as I came down CRUNCH! Done. Game Over. Finito. Out with an ankle sprain. With only 5 days left till the race I shake my magic 8 ball and it comes up >the outcome looks doubtful< The last time I sprained my ankle I did it on a Wednesday, missed two days of work, and ended up doing a 10k race the following Sunday, albeit all gimpy like, so perhaps all hope is not lost. Will I run or will I be a spectator? Where's Dr T when you need him so he can diagnose my ankle? But for now, my ankle is thorougly RICEd out (rest, ice, compression, elevation). I have to hope that the running gods forgive me for my arrogance and that I recover quickly otherwise the running gods have taught me a good lesson, and that's not to play volleyball the week of a race!

2 Comments:
Karma yo. Karma! Arrogance did you in!
By
chinwhat, at 7:38 a.m.
Hope you feel better, did we have another playoff game on Monday night?
By
Rubex Cube, at 8:33 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home