Chris the Perpetual Student

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Deadlines Make Me Fat

Ah finally back to "normal" life. I just survived my first ever deadline which involved many days of working till midnight and eating cheerios and granola bars for dinner, but now that its all over it's time for a little R and R. But before that, I gotta back track to last last Saturday. I ended up running the 8k race, which was a bad idea before the race and was a bad idea after the race, but eh, I did it and I'm proud I ran it, busted ankle and all. Even though it was my worst time ever, I have to say that it was the best High Park run I ever did since I only stopped twice which demolished my old record of ten thousand (give or take a few thousand). Got to give an assist to the Natty for having someone to run with. Ok now fast forward a week later to today. Seven days of zero physical activity due to bum ankle/working late at work combined with continuous eating of junk/programmer food instantly undid months of training. Damn I'm out of shape again! So its back to training and training diet again. I'm not supposed to run so I'm going to start swimming instead. With volleyball season just around the corner, I got to get back into game shape asap, cause a flabby cripple wont impress too many people!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home