Chris the Perpetual Student

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Crazy Busy Like a Fox

Bah, Phoenix vs Dallas is on the Score again. Ah just as well, might as well use the first free time on the computer I've had in a week to update my blog. Things are pretty crazy busy now, well more crazy busy then the usual busy, I have volleyball twice on mondays, I now have basketball on tuesdays as well as karate, then vball and now karate on wednesdays, and finally beach volleyball on thursdays, but I ain't complaining one bit, in fact I say bring it on! Spring/Summer is time for doing stuff, not sitting in front of computer. Well due to lack of time, it'll be forever until I post everything that I've been planning to blog so I might as well do a brain dump now while I have the chance, here for your pleasure in nice bulleted format

-a few weekends ago, my sister invited me to go with her to a salsa club. I decided to go, but not knowing how to salsa and at the same my ankle was still sore, I decided to go get my drink on instead of dance. After a couple of drinks, my sister tried to teach me how to salsa, and due to liquid courage I gave it a shot, and I have to say it was rather difficult, even if I was sober it would be hard (and more embarassing) Anyways, my sister, because she has never seen me drunk, decides to keep buying me drinks until I got drunk, and who am I to say no to my favourite Jack and Coke? My favourite thing I remember from that night was telling my sister I thought a girl I saw was a porn star because she had glass platform shoes and people were taking pictures of her. Ah drunken antics! Thanks sis!

-beach volleyball season has finally begun! I can tell you right now that there are now two things I look forward to every year, the 8k race and beach volleyball. For the first time I, along with Chin, joined a beach volleyball league, which is pretty awesome, aside from the first game which was the craziest conditions I've ever played volleyball in (cold soaking rain? only in Canada!). Armed with the experience points I picked up over the winter as well as my levelled up level 2 spike, should be a fun volleyball season. One thing I've experienced already from both indoor and beach volleyball: hot girls are hot. Hot girls who play volleyball are hotter. Hot girls who play volleyball _and_ typically male sports are even hotter!

-during my off time after my surgery, I caught both the finales of America's Next Top Model and The Amazing Race. Sara, who was the one I wanted to win because she was the only one who looked hot outside of her photo shoots (and also btw plays Division 1 volleyball at Georgetown, that's hot!), got kicked off the week before and so I was counting on my second choice, Joanie, to take it all. Unfortunately she ended up losing and I was pretty bummed. Why do I take these reality shows so personally? It's just a show dummy! Its ok Sara and Joanie, you're still number one to me, and um if you're looking for a single filipino guy, I'm right here! Well at least the Hippies won the amazing race, which really shouldn't be a surprise since they did get two non-elimination rounds although the frat boys did have a chance to win but blew it cause they couldn't remember the countries. Dummies!



-saw X3 last friday. I thought it was awesome, even though I know most people who I talked to didn't like it because of the lack of character development, which I totally agree with. But I've been waiting all series for one thing: gratuitous and over the top usage of mutant powers, and X3 delivered that for me! Davinci Code, which I watched as part of my pseudo movie-book club that I started with the girls at work, on the other hand sucked. What made the book fun for me was reading about all the small details about history and art which can't really be done in a movie. I wonder though if I would have enjoyed the movie if I didn't read the book? Things that were changed from the book annoyed me, but if I didn't read the book, then it wouldn't have annoyed me right? I mean I recently watched Constantine and I thought it was great, although later on I learned that it was totally changed from the comic and that all the fanboys were annoyed. So should I stop reading the book before the movie? This one will take me a while to debate over

Ok thats it for now. This weekend should be action packed again what with drinkathon on Saturday then Ride for Heart the next morning (biking with a hangover? interesting...) Bah! According to courtside live my beloved Suns have lost. Guess that means its time for me to go. I'm out.

2 Comments:

  • vball, by far, has the hottest women.

    in other news, water is wet.

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 5:39 p.m.  

  • busy!? My wife and I work 9-10 hours a day (except when we work 11-12)!

    We eat out every night, and don't go grocery shopping. Volleyball? Basketball? I wish! GTFOOHWTBS!

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 8:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home