Chris the Perpetual Student

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Cursed!

Sigh, another evening of beach volleyball league, another pair of close losses. I'm beginning to think the volleyball gods have cursed us, since I can find no reason why we keep losing close winnable games. We always seem to be on the cusp of winning only to have victory snatched away from us. I'm going to start daily worship of my volleyball, got to win some favour points with the volleyball gods!

So I saw District B13 on the weekend, which stars David Belle, the founder of Parkour, which you may recognize from videos of crazy French guys jumping off buildings and climbing walls (or from that ghetto Rogers commercial where the two groups of kids end up on opposite buildings, c'mon guys you have cellphones, how hard can meeting up be?). I thought it was a pretty awesome action movie, the parkour scenes were very cool but really it was worth it just from the fight scene in the casino (which I've just linked for you to save you cheapos from $10), which combined parkour and martial arts together for some very crazy bad guy butt kicking. My only complaint is that I wish there was more fighting like in that movie, but the casino scene was pretty much it. A good action flick though that I recommend.

1 Comments:

  • Good stuff, will check out the movie based on your recommendations. Last martial arts movie that is within the same neighbourhood is Ong Bak

    - mL
    blog.lapasa.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home