Gentleman Chris
First, a little back story. My first drink of preference was rum and coke. Then, my co-worker Tony, who's English and can drink like there's no tomorrow and who was the first person to ever get me drunk, introduced me to Jack and Coke, claiming a bartender from Calgary introduced him to it claiming that it was way smoother than rum and coke with no aftertaste and that he hasn't gone back to rum and coke since. I tried it and I couldn't agree more with Calgary bartender, and I haven't gone back to rum and coke since. In fact, my one of two nicknames at work is Jack, since one day I went to lunch with my co-workers and everyone ordered beer except me. Since that day, everyone at work calls me Jack. Ok, now on to my story...
So after work on Saturday, I went with a bunch of my co-workers over to Hemmingways cause one of our co-workers was leaving after 7 years (damn, thats how long I've been working there). My co-worker Tony, just came back from a six week vacation from England and him being a regular at Hemmingways, was joking around with the owner who said that their stock went down since he's been gone. So as they were talking, the owner tells Tony that they now have Gentleman Jack, which I have no idea what it is. Tony flips out and explains to me that Gentleman Jack is JD but aged longer, that its quite rare, and that if I thought Jack and Coke was smooth, Gentleman Jack and Coke is way smoother. Some lady tells me though that its all marketing ploy and that your paying extra for the name. Anyways, I immediately ordered one, and oh snap! that's some good ish! Exactly as advertised. Now I can't go back to regular Jack and Coke if I have the choice. I had already cut myself off cause I had to drive, but said eff it, I'm going to crash at a friends place so I can drink more (ok thats not 100% true, my hot co-worker told me she was going to be bad and buy me another drink, how could I refuse?) Anyways, Gentleman Jack and Coke. Try it, you'll like it. Then tell me where you got it so I know where I can order it next time.
So after work on Saturday, I went with a bunch of my co-workers over to Hemmingways cause one of our co-workers was leaving after 7 years (damn, thats how long I've been working there). My co-worker Tony, just came back from a six week vacation from England and him being a regular at Hemmingways, was joking around with the owner who said that their stock went down since he's been gone. So as they were talking, the owner tells Tony that they now have Gentleman Jack, which I have no idea what it is. Tony flips out and explains to me that Gentleman Jack is JD but aged longer, that its quite rare, and that if I thought Jack and Coke was smooth, Gentleman Jack and Coke is way smoother. Some lady tells me though that its all marketing ploy and that your paying extra for the name. Anyways, I immediately ordered one, and oh snap! that's some good ish! Exactly as advertised. Now I can't go back to regular Jack and Coke if I have the choice. I had already cut myself off cause I had to drive, but said eff it, I'm going to crash at a friends place so I can drink more (ok thats not 100% true, my hot co-worker told me she was going to be bad and buy me another drink, how could I refuse?) Anyways, Gentleman Jack and Coke. Try it, you'll like it. Then tell me where you got it so I know where I can order it next time.

3 Comments:
Gonna try ordering me some of that here in Sverige!!!
By
OhPunk!, at 11:19 a.m.
shit dude, pic of the hot co-worker, NOT the JD!!
By
Anonymous, at 4:21 p.m.
Good call rob! lol lol
By
OhPunk!, at 8:41 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home