Chris the Perpetual Student

Monday, August 28, 2006

Golfing Buddies Part Three

So Friday was the big golf tournament at work. I've never played real golf on a real golf course before, but I was fairly confident I'd do ok due to the practice I put in at the driving range where I can hit the ball semi-decently and due to my shiny new golf club set. Wrong! Boy I did suck out. Real golf is a lot more difficult and different than the driving range. You've got to hit off the grass, know which club to use and then be able to hit with that club, got to be able to putt (it's not like mini-putt, a tiny little tap sends that ball flying on the green, oh snap!), got to be able to chip, and most of all got to be able to hit the ball straight! I did get a few good swings in though, let this hole where I got on the green from the tee, right over the big water hazard:



Yes!!! But mostly, I sucked. Well I got a whole year till the next tournament to get my vengeance on that golf course, so until then I'm in golf training mode.

Speaking of golf training, I went to the driving range yesterday to practice on the grass, and once again incredibly the forces of GolfFriendster were in action as I ran into my friend Cathy's sister Michelle and all her friends. Who will I run into next?

(almost went to the driving range again today, but it started raining, blah)


We couldn't find our ball marker at this hole, so we used a pack of cigarettes. Now that's ghetto golf!

2 Comments:

  • gangsta

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 9:52 p.m.  

  • golf is NOT gangsta.

    Shooting some one on a golfcourse is (or driving a golf cart into the water.. that's pretty bad ass as well)

    By Blogger OhPunk!, at 12:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home