Hard to Say Goodbye
Man I'm so bummed out. Found out that a good friend of mine is moving out west (she doesn't even know where yet, hows that for adventurous?). I didn't even know her that long, but we have such a fun relationship and I get along with her better than anyone that its tough to see her go. I've always known that I get overly attached to people. Anytime I know I won't be seeing a person for a very long time if not forever, I have never had an easy time with it and this is no exception. Sure there's e-mail, phone, etc. etc., but its nowhere near the same as being face to face with someone, sharing a good laugh or hanging out. But at the same time, I've come to accept that it is one of the unfortunately realities of life, that people will come and go from your life and thats just the way it is so I've learned to let go of my attachments (not commpletely of course). Still, I don't like it. This is why despite some genuine desire to move away (especially to somewhere where snow does not exist), I know I'll never leave because I can't bring mself to leave those I'm attached to. Buying a condo 15 minutes away from home should be proof enough of that! I wish the world was a smaller place. That way I could still see everyone that goes away. But it's not. The best that I can do is say "I'll miss you", because I will.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home