Reach Out and Touch Someone
This week my good friend Keith who has been living in Singapore since we graduated from high school is visiting. The last time he came for a visit was two years ago, and it was that visit that was one of the major catalysts for the birth of my blog, since I created it mostly as a way for people to keep in touch with me, especially for those who I don't see anymore. Even though I know he doesn't read my blog, whats interesting is that in the course of the two years that my blog has been up, I've come to reach people and old friends that I didn't even realize were reading my blog. For instance, my old co-worker and friend Duane from my old job (oh and hi to all the folks at Flagship if you're reading this :) ) stumbled upon my blog over the summer and now he's become a regular reader and has started his own blog. I really enjoy reading friend's blogs, not only because of the content but also because it makes me feel still connected. I guess sharing in a friend's thoughts and experiences makes me feel like I'm still a part of that persons life and makes me feel less distant, which is especially true for friends I dont see anymore. I really wish more people I knew had blogs. In life it is sometimes unavoidable that you makes friends or meet people that you may never see again. People change jobs, move away, get married. But its nice that a blog can make the distance a lot less shorter. Sure I put a lot of personal stuff in here that some internet stalker could read, but if I even make one friend feel still in touch, isn't that worth it?

1 Comments:
Blogs are also good for punkage!!
By
OhPunk!, at 6:09 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home