Happy New Years!
Happy New Years everyone! Sorry for the lack of posting, but I've been living at my new place for the past two weeks and between playing on xbox live every night and people coming over frequently and running around buying stuff for my place, I haven't had time to sit down and write anything until today. So in keeping with tradition, I'm going to reexamine last years resolutions and post my new ones
Last Years resolutions:
-buy a condo, move out
done!
-run 8k in under 47 mins, 10k under 57 mins (this will hopefully motivate myself to run more, which is my real goal)
once again I sprained my ankle this year playing volleyball, so I limped my way to 50+ min at 8k and didn't even try to run the 10k
-finish Brood War, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Vagrant Story (I'm keeping this list short so that I'll actually be able to get this done)
damn, I totally forgot about this, so much for keeping a short list
-write the Japanese Proficiency test (so that I'll start studying Japanese again)
again, totally forgot about this. I should really write these down somewhere I can see them
-make one of the games from Wario Ware (so that I can write a game I can actually finish)
nope
So I accomplished a grand total of one thing on my to do list, which isn't so bad considering I accomplished a grand total of zero things the year before. I'm glad to say though that I accomplished this part of what I wrote last year:
With my new found less shyness and daringness, I figured the next step is to actually use it for something and be more social. After all, more friends equals more fun!
I've made by far the most friends this year than any other year which was awesome (mostly thanks to volleyball, Chris' beach volleyball motto 2k5 still in effect!)
In making my resolutions and goals for this year, I seem to be just recycling old resolutions that never get accomplished. Is there really any point this time, since they always seemed to be doomed to failure? Ah what the hell, third times a charm right? With further ado, here are my resolutions
No more sleeping in. Ok this is a big one. I've tried to lick this one for years but with no success. This time I'm going to do it. Sure it's going to be even harder this year since I've grown accustomed to staying up until 2am+ but whats a resolution without a little challenge?
Get back into shape and stay that way. Towards the last quarter of 2k6, I let my love of food get the better of me and combined with breaking my finger which caused me to lay off sports for a while, I'm in the most worse shape I've been since my 3 weeks of eating fried pork in the Philippines four years ago. But I've got a plan. You'll soon see the results of Chris' video game exercise regime. It'll work, just wait and see!
Don't procrastinate. I'm a huge procrastinator. Instead of my usual philosophy of "I'll do it later" this year its going to be "Do it now!"
And lastly and most importantly, Be aggressive. While I've enjoyed the success of being more social this year, my last great hurdle to over come is being too passive at times, waiting for things to come to me and as a result I've let a few good things slip through my fingers. This year I'm going to go for the things I want and not be afraid of failure...
The next few things I'm going to consider bonuses if I do any of them, since I never seem to be able to do any of them
-write a game. I've been saying this for years so if I finally end up finishing one, bonus points for me
-finish a game in my long list of games to finish. And yes Vagrant Story which has been on my list since university is on that list.
I usually come up with a motto for each year but I haven't though of a good one yet. I'll save that for next post. Up next too, best and worst of 2k6.
Last Years resolutions:
-buy a condo, move out
done!
-run 8k in under 47 mins, 10k under 57 mins (this will hopefully motivate myself to run more, which is my real goal)
once again I sprained my ankle this year playing volleyball, so I limped my way to 50+ min at 8k and didn't even try to run the 10k
-finish Brood War, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Vagrant Story (I'm keeping this list short so that I'll actually be able to get this done)
damn, I totally forgot about this, so much for keeping a short list
-write the Japanese Proficiency test (so that I'll start studying Japanese again)
again, totally forgot about this. I should really write these down somewhere I can see them
-make one of the games from Wario Ware (so that I can write a game I can actually finish)
nope
So I accomplished a grand total of one thing on my to do list, which isn't so bad considering I accomplished a grand total of zero things the year before. I'm glad to say though that I accomplished this part of what I wrote last year:
With my new found less shyness and daringness, I figured the next step is to actually use it for something and be more social. After all, more friends equals more fun!
I've made by far the most friends this year than any other year which was awesome (mostly thanks to volleyball, Chris' beach volleyball motto 2k5 still in effect!)
In making my resolutions and goals for this year, I seem to be just recycling old resolutions that never get accomplished. Is there really any point this time, since they always seemed to be doomed to failure? Ah what the hell, third times a charm right? With further ado, here are my resolutions
No more sleeping in. Ok this is a big one. I've tried to lick this one for years but with no success. This time I'm going to do it. Sure it's going to be even harder this year since I've grown accustomed to staying up until 2am+ but whats a resolution without a little challenge?
Get back into shape and stay that way. Towards the last quarter of 2k6, I let my love of food get the better of me and combined with breaking my finger which caused me to lay off sports for a while, I'm in the most worse shape I've been since my 3 weeks of eating fried pork in the Philippines four years ago. But I've got a plan. You'll soon see the results of Chris' video game exercise regime. It'll work, just wait and see!
Don't procrastinate. I'm a huge procrastinator. Instead of my usual philosophy of "I'll do it later" this year its going to be "Do it now!"
And lastly and most importantly, Be aggressive. While I've enjoyed the success of being more social this year, my last great hurdle to over come is being too passive at times, waiting for things to come to me and as a result I've let a few good things slip through my fingers. This year I'm going to go for the things I want and not be afraid of failure...
The next few things I'm going to consider bonuses if I do any of them, since I never seem to be able to do any of them
-write a game. I've been saying this for years so if I finally end up finishing one, bonus points for me
-finish a game in my long list of games to finish. And yes Vagrant Story which has been on my list since university is on that list.
I usually come up with a motto for each year but I haven't though of a good one yet. I'll save that for next post. Up next too, best and worst of 2k6.

1 Comments:
360 Live party at Chris' house!!! TONIGHT!
It's 11:25... we're on our way...
By
OhPunk!, at 11:30 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home