Chris the Perpetual Student

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

EuroTrip part 3

Hello again!
 
Did I mention how great the weather was last week both in London and in Copenhagen?  No?  Well it was.  Which is important to note because since I arrived back in London Friday night, the weather has been extremely lousy.  Its been cold, wet, and rainy the past couple of days which has put a little dent in my sightseeing.  So on Saturday we went to Camden Market, a rather impressive and large market which never seems to end, mostly touristy items but there are a few really cool shops (there was a shop that sold lamps and clocks made out of motherboards which called out to my inner geek)  Sunday the weather was pretty bad so we ended up staying home most of the day, but went out to see Pirates of the Caribbean (first half was confusing and slow, last bit was awesome though)  Monday was more cold and rain, but by the afternoon I decided to go out regardless so I walked down to Greenwich which is a half hour walk from here.  By the time I got there the National Maritime Museum was closed as was the National Observatory (where the meridian is based) although I did get to see the meridian line and got the obligatory i'm-standing-in-both-hemispheres picture.  Yesterday the weather was actually quite decent and when I realized I could catch the changing of the guards and rushed my way down to Buckingham palace and caught the last ten minutes of it (being late for things seems to be the theme of my trip), although I have to say I have never seen so many tourists in one area in my entire life.  After that I walked through St. James park to get to Big Ben and then I spent the rest of the afternoon in Westminster Abbey which I have to say was rather quite impressive although it would have to be for the money I paid to get in!  And yes I did find Newton's tomb.  I stuck around to listen to a choral service which was rather quite cool.  Well today I have plans to check out the National Gallery and the British Museum which have the much more agreeable price of free.  I'm going to try and ride the London Eye and check out Harrods (and eat pizza there) within the next days.  Until next time
 
Chris
 
p.s. pray for good weather

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home