Chris the Perpetual Student

Thursday, July 09, 2009

The X Stands for Extreme

Ok my brownies are in the oven and they'll be done in about 20 minutes so I have a bit of time to kill.



So a few months ago, some of my co-workers started doing this P90X thing. If you didn't know, P90X is an intense 90 day workout program where you do a one hour set of exercises every day. Now being the competitive person I am, I had to do it as well. For the most part, P90X is not easy. In fact, some of it is just plain difficult (jumping clapping push ups? are you kidding me?). I remember the first day of the program, alternating between push ups and pulls ups, I thought I was done until he said we had to do the whole thing over again, it was a very WTH?! moment. The first week I was in tremendous soreness/pain, but as the program wore on eventually I wasn't sore anymore. Officially I'm on day 60 of 90 right now, although there have been quite a few breaks in between those 60 days. I can definitely say I'm in better shape, whether or not I look like in better shape is debateable, although I've been told by more than a few people that I've gotten bigger (Conversation with dad after returning from a 5 month trip:
Dad: "You look bigger"
Me: "Bigger or fatter?"
Dad: "Bigger"
Me: >Phew< )
Anyways, I've been slacking the last few weeks, partially because of the nice weather and partially because I've been baking so much, so in order to motivate myself to get back on track I signed up for a triathlon. I've got 30 days from today to get into mad shape, I've already started running and biking consecutively (I learned my lesson from last year) As Tony says: do your best and forget the rest!

1 Comments:

  • You should post before and after pics like the informercial!
    I'm still waiting to get my hands on a copy of the dvd's I wanna get ripped hehe

    GOOD JOB Chris!

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 4:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home