Chris the Perpetual Student

Sunday, January 11, 2009

2k9 Achievement Guide

Ok I forgot one goal from my wrap up:

Become a better poker player

You'll note that the goal was to be a better poker player, and not specifically a good one. Whenever I used to play poker, most of the time I felt that I didn't know quite what I was doing. So I decided to improve my play and educate myself. So I read a book, read some articles, and then practiced a lot online. It would take me a while before I won my first game, but came it did and I'm happy to say that I won a few games over the past year. I'm not an awesome poker player by any means, but at least I can say now that whenever I sit down at a poker table I believe I have a chance to win, which is a far cry from where I was a year ago.

Verdict:




This year's goals I'm doing Xbox achievement style, meaning I earn the achievement by meeting a certain criteria (and getting gamer points for it, haha!)



Achievement: Game Over

Haha this one has been on my list of goals for several years:

2k7: "-write a game. I've been saying this for years so if I finally end up finishing one, bonus points for me"
2k6: "-make one of the games from Wario Ware (so that I can write a game I can actually finish)"
2k5: "-finish writing a game (for real this time!)"

Wouldn't you know, the one year its not on my goals (2k8), I actually get one done. Anyways, this year's goal is slightly different. I'm not just trying to write any game, but _the_ game. I started working on this last year and while development stalled for a bit, my goal this year is to finish it. This is a big one, so I'm giving it mega gamer points

Criteria: Get the game on Xbox Live
Gamer points: 100

Achievement: DJ Saved My Life

Continuing my DJing pursuit, the second phase is building up music knowledge.

Criteria: Complete one set a month
Gamer points: 50

Achievement: Without a Debt

Last year's goal was to lower debt, this year's goal is to eliminate it (not including mortgage of course), which should be fairly doable.

Criteria: Get debt to 0
Gamer points: 30

Achievement: Sharp Shooter

I've let my basketball skills decline over the years, so I'm dedicating 2k9 to basketball. Seeing as I'm not as fast as I once was, I'm focusing on my shooting skills.

Criteria: Make 20 jumpers in a row from the free throw line.
Gamer points: 20

Achievement: Attack me if you dare, I will crush you

Similar to my poker goal from last year, when I play Street Fighter II I feel like I don't quite know what I'm doing, so my goal this year is to not just become a better player, but a good player!

Criteria: Finish SSF2THDR on Hard without losing a round!
Gamer points: 15

Achievement: Clown College

Since I learned how to solve a rubik's cube in 2k7, I need a new skill to show off :)

Criteria: Be able to juggle 3 objects for one minute
Gamer points: 10

Achievement: Iron Chef

I let my busy schedule and lack of Food network keep me from one of my favourite things to do: cook. So I'm aiming to average trying one new recipe per week.

Criteria: Try 52 new recipes.
Gamer points: 10


And the rest:

Blog 52 times, 10
Run 8k in 45 minutes, 20
Try-a-tri in 50 minutes, 20

2 Comments:

  • I'll teach you how to play poker, by taking your money

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 10:50 p.m.  

  • You should've added scoring a touchdown! You got that under your belt!

    By Blogger OhPunk!, at 7:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home