Chris the Perpetual Student

Friday, June 06, 2008

RMT

I don't claim to have any special abilities or anything, but if I had anything that came close to a super power, I would say its my uncanny ability to recognize people (and eerily sometimes detailed facts about the person). My friends refer to this phenomenom as RMT or Rain Main Twin (my friend Shaun also shares this ability hence the twin part) It's almost like I have photographic memory for faces. But as with most super powers it's not without a flaw, and my flaw is that I never trust that I've recognized someone. It's like if everytime Spider man's spider sense tingled he would say to himself "no, there can't be any danger!" and then get hit with falling building debris.

My latest usage of my super power came recently when I went with a friend to an anime convention (geek central yes I know, but last I checked I still have my geek membership card although I dress a lot better since I first got my membership) There was a girl in cosplay walking around who looked awfully familiar but I couldn't place it:



I turned to my friend and said "doesn't that look a lot like Red from Ed and Red's Night Party?" to which he replied that it couldn't be her, so I dismissed the idea. I see her an hour later, and sure enough there was Ed the Sock doing a segment (undoubtedly nerd bashing) Lesson learned: trust your super powers!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home