Chris the Perpetual Student

Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's Resolution Time! Part 3

So the 8k Spring Run Off was a week and a half ago. I was pretty confident going into the race, being in reasonably decent shape and buoyed by last year's result, and so I was expecting good results. Wrong! Disaster! Second worst time I've run ever. I blame my poorly conceived strategy of trying to keep up with my friend Sarah the marathon runner. Mental note for future: don't try to keep up with a marathon runner.

After my severe disappointment, I think something snapped in me and I've gone crazy. I've decided to exact revenge by planning to do a triathlon. Yes, I've gone mental. So in order to get ready for this triathlon, I've started to run every day. And as more proof of my insanity, I came up with this brilliant idea today to bike to work a few times a week (which has the added benefit of saving money with the crazy gas prices these days). I'm also resurrecting an old goal of trying to run 8k in less than 47 minutes.

Speaking of resurrecting an old goal, I finally finished developing my first game! Funny how I've had this as a goal for so many years and the year that I don't set it as a goal I do it. I'll try to have pics or video soon.

Ok now for the resolutions update:

Blog more: ok I missed last week's update, I'll try to make it up some time in the future

Be clean: falling a bit behind but still doing a decent job

Learn to play guitar: I bought a book! I started practicing again! Finally some progress

Help the world: Getting some ideas, but nothing yet.

Lower debt:



Unfortunately, I have a few big expenses coming, namely I need to buy a new set of tires, so it's not going to look pretty next month.

2 Comments:

  • Good stuff Chris!

    I'll cheer you on from the sidelines...I need to do something to snap out of my non exercising rut!

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 3:16 p.m.  

  • didn't you make a game in flash? Wouldn't this be your second game?

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 8:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home