Video Games Live
Well it was a rather uneventful week, saved by the lone highlight of the week, finally getting to attend the Video Games Live concert, a concert featuring the oh so sweet sounds of video game music. I say finally because I've been trying to go to this concert for three years without any success until now. In its first year, 2005, I bought tickets but the show ended up getting cancelled, but they vowed they would try again. In 2006 they did return, but I had a wedding to go the same night so I couldn't go, and last year there was no show. So its been a long time coming, but I have to say it was well worth the wait. Listening to a video game score from a live orchestra has been something I have dreamed of for years, going way back at least 10 years when I ran a small little game music website trying to promote the genre. Now that the video game industry is huge, game music has gained enough acceptance that things like this concert can happen which is awesome. Anyways, the show itself was kick ass, lots of good themes like Halo and Final Fantasy, but it was worth it to go just to hear this one song:
One Winged Angel FTW!
One Winged Angel FTW!

3 Comments:
any shenmue?
By
chinwhat, at 7:52 a.m.
what about metal gear?
By
Lil Lex, at 8:20 a.m.
street fighter 2???
By
OhPunk!, at 4:19 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home