Dynasty!

Ladies and gentlemen, the next greatest dynasty of our era is now upon us! The San Antonio Spurs? Nah, 4 titles in 9 years is good but not great. The New England Patriots? 3 titles in 4 years and working on another is much better, but there is a new dynasty that tops them:
Chris' 4 ankle sprains in 8 years! And 3 of them in the last 4!
Yup so I sprained my ankle again. My first ankle sprain title came way back in 2000, and then you'll recall my next ankle sprain title came in 2005, then I went back to back in 2006, missed out in 2007, but now I can add 2008 to my trophy case. This time though wasn't through volleyball but through basketball, as I tried to block a layup attempt by John aka Bruce Bowen, my right foot landed on his foot and then I felt the all too familiar feeling of having your foot being twisted 90 degrees. I win! All that was needed at that moment was We Are The Champions to start playing and having ticker tape fall from the ceiling. So seeing as how I did everything I could possibly do wrong when trying to recover from an ankle sprain the last time (including running an 8k race a week after the sprain), I went to see my doctor who told me to I have to do physio. So now I'm getting my ankle electrocuted and massaged by sound waves. Although if this is hurting my title defense for next year, maybe I should stop!

7 Comments:
ekk I feel your pain...but once you eff up a body part it is never the same. Hopefully your electro shock/voodoo therapy will help!
/personal rant on
I messed up my right knee cap a number of years ago and its not the same...every once in a while if I take miss step I just wait for it to pop. Oh the pain I can hear it now
/ personal rant off
By
Rubex Cube, at 11:40 p.m.
Yeha I did that electro therapy / massage / sound thing. it works quite a bit.. but the pain will be with you for months. My ankle still hurts...
Team Broken Ankles
ps. nice new layout..
By
OhPunk!, at 1:16 a.m.
hahhaa, this post is awesome. this post ftw!
ruby & shaun, the difference with your two 'injuries' and chris' is that he actually hurt himself. not to get attention/avoid 8k races. truth or fake?
By
chinwhat, at 7:08 a.m.
When Chris sprains his ankle, he tightens up the laces on his shoe, and tries to walk it off
When Shaun sprains his ankle, he asks for X-Rays
When Chris sprains his ankle, he goes home and plays Rock Band - on expert.
When Shaun sprains his ankle, he goes home and cries like an expert.
When Chris sprains his ankle, he's asking himself, "how soon can I get back on the court?"
When Shaun sprains his ankle, he's asking himself, "how can use this to avoid all forms of work?"
By
Lil Lex, at 8:04 a.m.
wtf why are you minimizing my injury...I got hurt the first time while stepping into the house from the garage (that is hard work...involving heavy lifting haha), second time was when I decided to be spider woman and climb the shelves at work....LOL
By
Rubex Cube, at 12:36 p.m.
Did the doctor tell you had a 3rd degree sprain?
By
Unknown, at 4:58 p.m.
the electro therapy only works when in used in conjuction with the hot massage girl.
By
Anonymous, at 8:47 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home