No Longer the Hardest Working Candy in Town
That used to be me.
This is old news now, but last month I finally quit my part time job at Harry Rosen after nine years of working there! I can't really go in to the details regarding the circumstances of my quitting at the moment, but let's just say I didn't leave quietly (definitely ask me for the story if you see me if you haven't heard it already, I assure you its a good one). Anyways, just to put things into perspective, working every weekend for nine years means I lost approximately 468 days of weekends. That's more than an entire year of my life missing! So of course, I'm looking forward to all the fun things I usually miss out on including:
-beach volleyball, and especially beach volleyball tournaments which I could never enter because they're always on Saturdays
-I get to show up for Christmas/Cathy's Birthday/Me and Al's Birthday parties when everyone else does
-helping people move
-Caribana and other big events
-at least one Raptor's playoff game (I don't have to run to the closest bar on my lunch break to check the score)
-boxing day. Ok so this is probably not a fun day, but I haven't experienced one in nine years so damn it, I'm going to enjoy it no matter what
Most importantly, I can stay out Friday night and not pay for it the next morning. So of course, the first thing I did on my first weekend off? Sleep in!

1 Comments:
Wow, I can not believe that you were still working there. I remember talking to you about this back in the flagship office 3 yrs ago. I thought for sure you would have quit when you got you current job. I left the bay 2.5 yrs ago. I can not even imagine working weekends at this point.
By
Anonymous, at 9:07 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home