Chris the Perpetual Student

Friday, May 23, 2008

It's Resolution Time! Part 4

So if you'll recall, I've kicked things up a notch by training for a triathlon, so as a result I've been running twice a week and biking twice a week. I decided to use the Yonge St 10k run at the beginning of the month as the first benchmark of my progress. Since I don't really do this run for time, my measure of progress was how much gas I would have left in the tank near the end of the race. I learned my lesson from the 8k so instead of sprinting out of the gate I put it in cruise control and indeed the strategy paid off, as I had enough left in the tank to sprint the last 2k, so definitely an improvement! Unfortunately my running partner suffered mechanical failures, hopefully his parts are still under warranty and he can get them fixed.

So I've tentatively chosen the triathlon that I'm going to do and its on August 30 which gives me just about 3 months to train.

Updates:

Blog more: ok I missed a few weeks, but I should be all caught up now

Be clean: still decent

Learn to play guitar: Up to 12 chords

Help the world: Blah, no progress

Lower debt:



Yikes. Going to have to kick savings up a notch too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home