It's Resolution Time! Part 5
July was not a good month for my resolutions, in fact they soundly got their asses kicked. It really should come as no surprise as it is the peak of summer and I've been pretty much out every day leaving me little time or little motivation to maintain my resolutions, but still it was sad to see my resolutions and goals go by the way side for so long. So I did virtually no running or biking, didn't get a lot of reading done, slept in all month (when I had a good waking up early streak), and haven't taken the stairs to work in a while (on account of sore legs from volleyball though and not on laziness). But August is a new month and I've vowed to get back on the saddle (literally also).
Updates:
Blog more: Ok so I didn't blog for the entire month of July, so I have some major catching up to do
Be clean: In June, I decided to give myself something measurable to say whether or not I obtained this goal at the end of the year rather than using my judgment as I've been doing so far. So I came up with the idea that I'd spend exactly 15 minutes a day cleaning by setting the oven timer and cleaning up as much as I could until the timer went off. The good news is that I've been following this pretty well with the added unexpected bonus that I find myself doing less cleaning per week. Win win!
Learn to play the guitar: I got up to 22 chords memorized, but I did virtually no practice this month so I've pretty much forgotten most of them, but I bought a new book today to motivate me to continue again.
Help the world: Still nothing, but I finally have some volunteer work scheduled for August so hopefully I'll get something in the books for then
Lower debt: I temporarily conceded bad spending behaviour for July. It's summer man!
Updates:
Blog more: Ok so I didn't blog for the entire month of July, so I have some major catching up to do
Be clean: In June, I decided to give myself something measurable to say whether or not I obtained this goal at the end of the year rather than using my judgment as I've been doing so far. So I came up with the idea that I'd spend exactly 15 minutes a day cleaning by setting the oven timer and cleaning up as much as I could until the timer went off. The good news is that I've been following this pretty well with the added unexpected bonus that I find myself doing less cleaning per week. Win win!
Learn to play the guitar: I got up to 22 chords memorized, but I did virtually no practice this month so I've pretty much forgotten most of them, but I bought a new book today to motivate me to continue again.
Help the world: Still nothing, but I finally have some volunteer work scheduled for August so hopefully I'll get something in the books for then
Lower debt: I temporarily conceded bad spending behaviour for July. It's summer man!

1 Comments:
Summer has been bad for me too. It's too nice outside to be doing stuff! Maybe the winter is good for something after all -- productivity.
By
Lil Lex, at 9:14 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home