Your scream sounds like a pathetic war cry
Ok so all is not gloomsville for my goals. There is one that I've been pretty hard at work at and that's my goal to finish Street Fighter 2 on hard without losing a round. Before I go into some details, I have to mention one thing first:
I hate T. Hawk.
I hate T. Hawk with a passion. Whenever I play him he does this to me:

Even on the easiest difficulty setting, he'll kick my ass 2/3 of the time. He has an insane throw reach and if you throw fireballs at him he'll just repeatededly hawk dive you to death or jump in and hawk slam you. If I saw T. Hawk on the street, well, I wouldn't punch him in the face because in real life he would be 7'6 and crush me into tiny pieces, but maybe I'd throw dirt in his face and kick him the shins.
Ok so I started working on SF maybe about a month ago and I truly underestimated how much effort and skill that would be required to accomplish my goal. I figured it would be just like any other video game, you just put the time in and get better. But SF is hard! I started playing and I kept getting my ass kicked by the computer (I won't even mention how I do against real players). So I decided to do some research and only then did I realize the complexity that is SF2. Frame data, reversals, meaty attacks, piano inputs, 2 in ones, cross ups, tick throws, loops, hit boxes, priorities, kara cancelling, counters, traps, the list goes on and on. So now I'm treating SF like anything else I try to learn, start with the basics, and practice, practice, practice. At the moment, I'm just trying to finish easy without losing a round which is still a difficult task. So it doesn't look like it will be any time soon before I accomplish this one.
side note: I also hate the controller. The xbox 360 controller was not meant to play street fighter, it drives me nuts. Oh joystick, you can not arrive soon enough.
I hate T. Hawk.
I hate T. Hawk with a passion. Whenever I play him he does this to me:

Even on the easiest difficulty setting, he'll kick my ass 2/3 of the time. He has an insane throw reach and if you throw fireballs at him he'll just repeatededly hawk dive you to death or jump in and hawk slam you. If I saw T. Hawk on the street, well, I wouldn't punch him in the face because in real life he would be 7'6 and crush me into tiny pieces, but maybe I'd throw dirt in his face and kick him the shins.
Ok so I started working on SF maybe about a month ago and I truly underestimated how much effort and skill that would be required to accomplish my goal. I figured it would be just like any other video game, you just put the time in and get better. But SF is hard! I started playing and I kept getting my ass kicked by the computer (I won't even mention how I do against real players). So I decided to do some research and only then did I realize the complexity that is SF2. Frame data, reversals, meaty attacks, piano inputs, 2 in ones, cross ups, tick throws, loops, hit boxes, priorities, kara cancelling, counters, traps, the list goes on and on. So now I'm treating SF like anything else I try to learn, start with the basics, and practice, practice, practice. At the moment, I'm just trying to finish easy without losing a round which is still a difficult task. So it doesn't look like it will be any time soon before I accomplish this one.
side note: I also hate the controller. The xbox 360 controller was not meant to play street fighter, it drives me nuts. Oh joystick, you can not arrive soon enough.

4 Comments:
did you buy a joystick?
By
Lil Lex, at 6:21 a.m.
chin and I are going to try building one, just waiting for the parts
By
Chris, at 10:30 a.m.
the guy is supposed to get the parts by this weekend, then he'll pack em up and send them to us...
By
chinwhat, at 7:54 p.m.
I wanna see this!
By
OhPunk!, at 9:25 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home