Chris the Perpetual Student

Friday, August 26, 2005

Sayonara Japan :(

Ok I'm sitting here in Kansai airport (the one that was built on the ocean) waiting for my flight which is a billion hours away so I'm here for one last update before its sayonara Japan

things to do:
-buy a game soundtrack, check! if i had an unlimited bankroll, I would have bought the entire soundtrack section, but alas i dont

-visit Nintendo, check! This was my consolation for missing out on squaresoft. Although I didnt get to go inside (there was a big old mean guard standing outside who I'm sure his sole purpose was to ward off video game geeks like myself) I did get some nice pics from the outside. I could only look on with envy as streams of nintendo employees walked inside the building.

things not done:
-eat chicken teriyaki. surprisingly, i couldnt find anywhere that served my favourite japanese dish. the closest i got was the teriyaki burger at mcdonalds.

-watch a movie in the theatre. theatres are almost equally as difficult to find, although i did watch a wicked anime movie on tv last night

-buy something wacky from a vending machine. this was one of my biggest disappointments. while true, there are probably more vending machines than there are buildings, i didnt find one vending machine that sold something weird. the best i found was one that sold alcohol. no used underwears here.


more highlights
-on free day in kyoto, walked around shopping district and found a video game store which turned out to be two stories of the greatest video game collection known to mankind (or at least myself) everything from saturn to pc engine to famicom, they even had the rarest of rares, radiant silvergun for saturn (out of my budget at 128000 yen though)!

-walked through gion but didnt find any geisha

-spent yesterday in osaka at some ultra swanky hotel. spent the afternoon at osaka aquarium which is the largest aquarium in the world, and for good reason. very cool


well i guess thats it. one long flight home and back to normality for me. see you guys soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home