Looong Weekend
An action packed Canada Day long weekend is always a good way to launch two months of fun filled summer activities. Friday was an outing to Wild Water Kingdom which is where I also went last Canada Day. There are a lot of benefits to coming early instead of showing up in the afternoon like I did last year, namely shorter line ups at the slides. Then after you get all slided out, you can grab a bite to eat for lunch then chill out by playing mini golf or the batting cages, then back to chill out at the wave pool. I have to say that WWK is pretty wicked bang for the buck, cause you get a bunch of things included in your admission. Although I discovered I'm a pretty lousy mini golfer but at least I got a hole in one, yesss! In the evening YTM headed out to Niagra for some casino action. Chin and I tried to figure out how to play Pai Gow, but it involved too much Chinese math that we couldn't figure out (my Pong beats your what?). To avoid traffic on the way home, we side roaded it back home (I believe in Sequeira.maps!)
Saturday night Chin George and I headed out to the beaches for a test run of our newly purchased volleyball net. After several minutes of head scratching (where does that go? what do we do with this thing? something looks wrong!), we finally had some semblance of a volleyball court. Not ten minutes after we had the net set up, a Filipino crew came over and played with us, validating Chin and I's theory that if you build it, they will come! Once again, I got to break out Chris's volleyball motto 2k5: "Its not about winning or losing, its about making friends!"
Sunday was Ruby's 2nd annual Kelso Park thingy, complete with good barbecue eats and a super-sized dodgeball match! It also had one durian fruit, which is perhaps the most deadliest weapon in the world, cause if you don't get pwnd by the spikes the smell surely will! The only way I can describe the taste is that is sorta tastes like cantaloupe.. except a really weird tasting cantaloupe. After Kelso, Shaun and I headed to the beaches to meet up with some co-workers for a volleyball match, but due to some disaster on the 401, traffic was blocked for miles, er, kilometers. So we once again put our faith in sequeira.maps to side road it, and after a few glitches here and there (I guess the "Road Closed due to Bridge Out" was too recent info, op) we finally made it for some good volleyball antics.
Bonus coverage. Ok so I was sitting at home last night on the computer thinking of something to do when all of the sudden the power goes out so I decided to go watch a movie since I was in dire need of somewhere air conditioned. So I watched War of the Worlds which I've been pretty hyped to see for some time now. It was good, but not great (which seems to be the theme of all movies I've seen this year, minus Batman) which was a little disappointing since I was expecting to be blown away. Ah well, still a good movie.
Ok so I'm going to try and use what limited organizing skills I have to try and set up a Team ID Beach Volleyball/Afternoon at the Beach thingy, so yeah, it'll be good, so come, or else! (thats as good as my organizing gets, haha)
Saturday night Chin George and I headed out to the beaches for a test run of our newly purchased volleyball net. After several minutes of head scratching (where does that go? what do we do with this thing? something looks wrong!), we finally had some semblance of a volleyball court. Not ten minutes after we had the net set up, a Filipino crew came over and played with us, validating Chin and I's theory that if you build it, they will come! Once again, I got to break out Chris's volleyball motto 2k5: "Its not about winning or losing, its about making friends!"
Sunday was Ruby's 2nd annual Kelso Park thingy, complete with good barbecue eats and a super-sized dodgeball match! It also had one durian fruit, which is perhaps the most deadliest weapon in the world, cause if you don't get pwnd by the spikes the smell surely will! The only way I can describe the taste is that is sorta tastes like cantaloupe.. except a really weird tasting cantaloupe. After Kelso, Shaun and I headed to the beaches to meet up with some co-workers for a volleyball match, but due to some disaster on the 401, traffic was blocked for miles, er, kilometers. So we once again put our faith in sequeira.maps to side road it, and after a few glitches here and there (I guess the "Road Closed due to Bridge Out" was too recent info, op) we finally made it for some good volleyball antics.
Bonus coverage. Ok so I was sitting at home last night on the computer thinking of something to do when all of the sudden the power goes out so I decided to go watch a movie since I was in dire need of somewhere air conditioned. So I watched War of the Worlds which I've been pretty hyped to see for some time now. It was good, but not great (which seems to be the theme of all movies I've seen this year, minus Batman) which was a little disappointing since I was expecting to be blown away. Ah well, still a good movie.
Ok so I'm going to try and use what limited organizing skills I have to try and set up a Team ID Beach Volleyball/Afternoon at the Beach thingy, so yeah, it'll be good, so come, or else! (thats as good as my organizing gets, haha)

2 Comments:
Ghetto Chris you've gotta send out an evite haha! Lemme know when you guys are going, can't this weekend or the next hahah :P
By
Rubex Cube, at 7:06 p.m.
"Not ten minutes after we had the net set up, a Filipino crew came over and played with us, validating Chin and I's theory that if you build it, they will come!"
LOL...challenge,
-mL
By
Anonymous, at 10:20 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home