Chris the Perpetual Student

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Creature of the Night

So Sunday night I went to bed at 12:30, which was the earliest I've gone to sleep in at least three weeks. My average bed time recently has been pushed back to 1:30-2ish, for various reasons, primary of which being addicted as hell to playing Guild Wars (which must you be so good? why must you be so addicitve? why must others be just as willing to sacrifice sleep as I am to play?) as well as various YTM activities that keep me out late (going to sleep at 11? pssh, thats for old people!) Anyways, this all relates back to an interesting article I read in the Toronto Star two weeks ago that detailed how adolescents are increasingly (does that mean I'm included in this group? woohoo!) staying up late and sleeping in and that the cause behind this trend is "busy lives and enticing technology are keeping them from going to bed on time." Wow that sounds exactly like me! Computers make it so easy to stay up late. No matter what time it is it always gives you something to do, even if its just sitting there and doing nothing. Also, I find that life is so much more busy these days, that I feel like I need to make the most out of my day by extending the time I'm up. Especially now that its summer and that I miss 8 hours of fun summer activities being stuck at work all day, I feel like its sort of a waste if I dont cram as much activity as I can in a single day. Ah, if only humans needed like 4 hours of sleep, life would be so much more productive! The article also talks about how sleep deprivation messes you up, which I can totally agree with, I feel sleepy so easily these days but I guess thats the price to pay for fun. Anyways, its a very interesting article to read. The real funny thing is that the only reason I went to sleep early was because my sister needed the computer to do her assignment so I couldn't play!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home