Chris the Perpetual Student

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

All In

Ok so highlight of the weekend was winning 3rd place at CathyAl's poker tournament. I must either be really lucky (which I'm usually not) or the Gamblor gods have been good to me because this has been a few consecutive top finishes for me and I dont consider myself or good or even experienced player (although my Jack - 3 was pure SKILL, hahahaha) I've been watching that celebrity poker show on TV and 90% of the time I'm watching it I'm like, what the hell are they talking about. There's so much strategy that I dont understand but I guess I've been able to get by on basic gambling principles, which I learned from first year gambling 101 taught by Professor Gahming. Oh yeah, one thing that has been puzzling me lately was when exactly did this poker craze begin? It just seemed to blow up over night. Now you see it every where. What prompted poker to become the "in" thing these days? Not that I'm complaining or anything, just curious how fads get started, because if I can popularize some more of my hobbies, that'd be great!

1 Comments:

  • From the market research I've learned over the past few months, the poker craze has developed rather rapidly mainly because of the tournaments that can turn average joe player pit against some of the biggest players in the game. Then you add TV coverage who produce the show where you have your David's and Goliath's of poker where the David's actually win. Viewers at home are thinking if that average joe was able to bluff his way out of the pros then may I have fighting chance too.

    -mL
    http://blog.lapasa.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home