Bruised and Battered
So I'm stuck here at home for the second consecutive day at home because of my bum ankle. I went up for a block at volleyball wednesday (which I think was my first successful block, I say think because I don't really know what exactly happened next except that people were telling me that the ball was still in play while I was sprawled on the ground) and I guess I crossed the net line and landed my left foot on the other guys foot and YOINK! there went my ankle. Volleyball's a dangerous sport. I swear, I've had more injuries since starting playing volleyball four months ago then in all my years of playing basketball, and the irony is that volleyball was invented as a non contact sport. How about that! I've jammed my thumbs countless times, got a sore wrist, get a new cut or scan every week (and even though I wear knee pads, my knees are getting rocked with scars) and now I'm limping like theres no tomorrow. It could also be the fact that, gasp, I'm getting older and I'm getting more prone to injury, but my mind can't tell the difference so to heck with it, I'm just going to keep playing, wreckless and all!

1 Comments:
Yikes that sucks! Hey I heard you play at the Y! I've got a membership but haven't been there in a while haha! Let me know when you are there next time :)
By
Rubex Cube, at 7:39 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home