Chris the Perpetual Student

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Another Two Bite the Dust

Woohooo. Time to update the ol' score board:

Chris: 2 Video Games: 0

My latest victim, Warcraft III. I have to say that I was wrong about Warcraft. I was pretty unimpressed with the initial missions, but man after midway through the undead campaign its gets really good and I swear I haven't been that addicted to a game in a long time. Heres a piece of interesting side info. Click here and scroll down a bit to the March 18 post, and you can read when I was counting down to playing Warcraft when it first came out three years ago. Yeah thats right, three years ago! Damn talk about procrastination and putting things off. I'm glad though that I can close a small chapter in my video game life, because I dont like leaving things open like that. Now I just have to finish The Bards Tale III for my Commodore 64 which I started playing when I was 10, my save game is still there! Oh and Brood War cause Chin is going to keep harping on me about that.

Ok I also finished one more thing over the weekend, and that was the book that I was reading which was Angels and Demons, which is the prequel of sorts to The Davinci Code. I have to say I was wrong about Angels and Demons as well. At first I thought it wasn't all that great, but it picks up after the first few chapters and man it gets really good after that. Its such a hard book to put down because you keep wanting to find out what happens next. Good stuff, I highly recommend it. Here's an interesting thought. The initial reason I started reading this book was because it was set in Rome and I had just come back from Rome last year. So as I was reading it, I was like, wow! I know where that is, and I know where that is! and I know how to get there! and I've been to that place! It was really cool. But I thought to myself, what would have been cooler, going to Rome first and reading about places that I knew about already OR reading the book without having a clue of what any of those places are and then going to Rome and visiting all the places in the book? Thats a tough one. But I have a chance to find the answer to that one by reading the Davinci Code before I ever go on a trip to France! Note to self, remind me to post the answer to that one sometime in the distant future.

Ok so lesson of the day is, give things a chance, because it could end up being good later. Damn, guess I should play Eternal Darkness again then.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home