Time Flies
Last night I was stuck at home because karate was cancelled due to March Break, which was a weird feeling because I haven't been stuck at home for the last two months since I've caught sports fever. Now I could have gone to the Y but I had already done my running on Monday so I didn't have a need to go. So I decided to stick it out at home. Now 99% of the time I feel like I don't have enough time in my day, which is funny because the reason I don't have enough time is because of all the projects/activites I give myself, and if I had more time then I'd just give myself more projects to fill that time, and then I'd just complain about not having enough time again. I mean my typical day pretty much consists of going home at 7, eating for half hour, surfing th net for half hour, then gone from 8 till 10 or 11 for whatever activity I have that day, then coming home for a shower and then either gaming or computer work, and all that happens in a blink of an eye. But man, sitting at home was like time had gone into slow motion. It was like I had too much time. Heres the chronology of last night
-8:00, killing time until Amazing Race at 9. Played some Warcraft.
-8:30, finished a mission, still half hour till 9, played more Warcraft
-8:50, finished another mission, 10 mins till 9, more time to kill, watched the end of Smallville (geez Lana, why so mad?)
-9:00, Amazing Race starts, start doing some weights during commercial break
-9:30, damn, can't believe Rob just hustled those people into taking a penalty, genius!
-10:00, show finishes, what the heck do I do now? Decide to finally start on my AS400 online course
-10:30 finish doing first two modules of coursework, booooooooring, gotta do something else, start surfing the net
-10:50 get bored of net, start playing some music
-11:00 nothing else to do, might as well play more Warcraft
-12:00 sleep
Anyways, the point I'm getting at is that perception of time is a big thing. When you're mind is engaged in things, time goes by so quickly ([looks at clock] damn, volleyball is over already?!) whereas when it's not, man, it just drags. So really I should be complaining not for a lack of time, but for how quickly my time gets used up. Which reminds me of a Star Trek episode:
Data: I've been told a watched pot never boils. But my internal chronometer says that it boils the same length of time each time
Captain Picard: So why don't you turn off your chronometer?
Exactly!
-8:00, killing time until Amazing Race at 9. Played some Warcraft.
-8:30, finished a mission, still half hour till 9, played more Warcraft
-8:50, finished another mission, 10 mins till 9, more time to kill, watched the end of Smallville (geez Lana, why so mad?)
-9:00, Amazing Race starts, start doing some weights during commercial break
-9:30, damn, can't believe Rob just hustled those people into taking a penalty, genius!
-10:00, show finishes, what the heck do I do now? Decide to finally start on my AS400 online course
-10:30 finish doing first two modules of coursework, booooooooring, gotta do something else, start surfing the net
-10:50 get bored of net, start playing some music
-11:00 nothing else to do, might as well play more Warcraft
-12:00 sleep
Anyways, the point I'm getting at is that perception of time is a big thing. When you're mind is engaged in things, time goes by so quickly ([looks at clock] damn, volleyball is over already?!) whereas when it's not, man, it just drags. So really I should be complaining not for a lack of time, but for how quickly my time gets used up. Which reminds me of a Star Trek episode:
Data: I've been told a watched pot never boils. But my internal chronometer says that it boils the same length of time each time
Captain Picard: So why don't you turn off your chronometer?
Exactly!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home