Chris the Perpetual Student

Thursday, March 10, 2005

All Day I Dream About Sport

So yesterday was the last day in the current session of volleyball. The games we played were so good, simply due to the fact that everyone improved so much from when we first started in January that the games we competitive. Now that I've been playing volleyball every week for the past two and a half months, I can honestly say now that there are no days I look more forward to than Mondays and Wednesdays. Its absolute torture especially after Wednesday knowing that I have 4 more days until I can play again. It's only Thursday?? This sucks!! I just want to get the days over with so that it'll be Monday faster. The thought occurred to me recently that if I didn't have a job and all I did was play sports every day, 7 days a week, I'd be a happy man and I'd never get tired of it. I'm not sure what it is about playing sports that I love so much. Is it the competitiveness? Is it the team play? Is it the meeting other people? Is it the physical activity? Well whatever it is, I need to find ways to get more sporting in!

One cool new thing is that on Monday at the Y, some of the regulars there called me by name for the first time. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, since I've never missed a game in two months. I guess that makes me a semi-regular now, which is pretty cool because its always nice to be where everyone knows your name (and they're always glad you came!) The only bad thing is that because I still suck, I know people still think of me as the guy that sucks (cause I usually get stuck on the sucky team). But here's a tip. Hustle erases all memories of suckiness! Making a super man dive for a ball thats going out of bound and hitting the floor hard makes you instant friends with everyone! Try it, it works!

1 Comments:

  • don't forget: your sports dream includes sleeping on piles of money with lingerie models!

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 4:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home