Hooray for Hollywood
In the spirit of the Oscars, going to write about the movies I watched over the weekend, since I just realized I watched a whopping three movies on the weekend.
Ok so first movie I watched was Bride and Prejudice. It's basically about a white guy who falls for an indian girl but she thinks he's a jerk but in the end, well, you know what happens. The movie started off pretty well, with a couple of cool bollywood style song and dance sequences (which jump out of nowhere). But then the rest of the movie gets kind of boring since it gets pretty predictable. The one redeeming factor out of this movie is the number of hot girls in it. The people that know me know I'm after the blonde hair blue eye type, so trust me I am equally surprised at how hot I thought the girls in this movie are! I was like, wow, wow! Anyways, there's a new girl in my top 10 list, Aishwarya Rai who is the female lead in the movie. Damn, damn!

That's hot!
Ok so next movie I watched was Napoleon Dynamite, which I watched Saturday night at 1am after coming back from the car show. Firstly I have to say that I've never heard about a movie more from so many different people before than this movie, and I bet you no one ever heard of this movie when it came out in theatres. That's word of mouth for you! So yeah, it was a pretty funny movie, and yeah, he does act like a friend of mine!
Ok so then I watched Million Dollar Baby on Sunday, seeing how the Oscars were on that night and how I had already seen The Aviator, I wanted to decide for myself which was the better film before they handed out the Oscar. While both movies were really good, my vote definitely goes to MDB. The Aviator was definitely the more flashier movie, but there was just something about the simple elegance of MDB and its hard not to be touched by the story. I mean, Mystic River, Eastwood's last film which is also one of my top 10 movies, was the most depressing movie I ever saw but it was this movie I'll admit that caused me to shed a tear. Or maybe it was just cause I'm getting gold. Anyways, great movie, glad it won the Oscar. If I had still had my respect list, I'd put Clint Eastwood on it, because of these back to back strokes of genius.
I didn't watch much of the Oscars since I was out playing Bingo (another experience that deserves a full post) but heres some quick observations.
-thought Chris Rock was aight
-thought Kate Winslet looked hot in that blue dress. damn!
-and wow, is it just me or did Julia Roberts chest get a lot bigger?
Ok so first movie I watched was Bride and Prejudice. It's basically about a white guy who falls for an indian girl but she thinks he's a jerk but in the end, well, you know what happens. The movie started off pretty well, with a couple of cool bollywood style song and dance sequences (which jump out of nowhere). But then the rest of the movie gets kind of boring since it gets pretty predictable. The one redeeming factor out of this movie is the number of hot girls in it. The people that know me know I'm after the blonde hair blue eye type, so trust me I am equally surprised at how hot I thought the girls in this movie are! I was like, wow, wow! Anyways, there's a new girl in my top 10 list, Aishwarya Rai who is the female lead in the movie. Damn, damn!

That's hot!
Ok so next movie I watched was Napoleon Dynamite, which I watched Saturday night at 1am after coming back from the car show. Firstly I have to say that I've never heard about a movie more from so many different people before than this movie, and I bet you no one ever heard of this movie when it came out in theatres. That's word of mouth for you! So yeah, it was a pretty funny movie, and yeah, he does act like a friend of mine!
Ok so then I watched Million Dollar Baby on Sunday, seeing how the Oscars were on that night and how I had already seen The Aviator, I wanted to decide for myself which was the better film before they handed out the Oscar. While both movies were really good, my vote definitely goes to MDB. The Aviator was definitely the more flashier movie, but there was just something about the simple elegance of MDB and its hard not to be touched by the story. I mean, Mystic River, Eastwood's last film which is also one of my top 10 movies, was the most depressing movie I ever saw but it was this movie I'll admit that caused me to shed a tear. Or maybe it was just cause I'm getting gold. Anyways, great movie, glad it won the Oscar. If I had still had my respect list, I'd put Clint Eastwood on it, because of these back to back strokes of genius.
I didn't watch much of the Oscars since I was out playing Bingo (another experience that deserves a full post) but heres some quick observations.
-thought Chris Rock was aight
-thought Kate Winslet looked hot in that blue dress. damn!
-and wow, is it just me or did Julia Roberts chest get a lot bigger?

2 Comments:
WOW Chris you watched Pride and Prejudice even before me the brown one! wicked Chris I'm impressed that you went out and watched it. I'm not sure if I want to see it cause this one seems to be a Bollywood movie gone to Hollywood if you will, I mean Bollywood movies are a far cry from the Ocars but this one for some reason seems mega cheezy to me and I think I just rent the bootleg copy for 2 bucks at my local indian store hehe!
:)
By
Rubex Cube, at 4:42 p.m.
yo chris, why're you biting my blog entry?
By
chinwhat, at 8:19 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home