Lean Ong-Bak
So I watched Ong Bak: Thai Warrior on Sunday. I love martial arts movies, it's too bad they are on the decline these days, pretty much the only ones made these days are foreign ones (don't you miss seeing the splitz done ten different ways? I do!). I was pretty pumped to go see it since the things I saw him do in the trailer are pretty sick. Most of the good stuff of course is saved till the end, and even though a lot of the cool stuff you see before the end you can see in the trailer, it's totally worth it for the last half hour of that movie. Man he does some pretty freaking crazy moves, if you want to see a true beat down, watch this movie, and since it's muay thai its a lot of stuff you haven't seen before which is pretty refreshing. On the artsy side I have to agree with one review I read that it is also quite refreshing to see ideals and beliefs being the driving force behind the main character rather than some cliche like love or money. But who cares about that, the action is good! Oh and finally, I'd like to say that I can't see any way any one can survive the beating that Tony Jaa dishes out in the movie, I swear if you or I got a flying drop elbow to the head or a flying knee to the chest, it'd be game over!

Look at that! That'd freakin hurt!

Look at that! That'd freakin hurt!

2 Comments:
Ohh cool, saw a commerical for that movie and the main character is HOT! Well I want to see the moie for the kick ass moves also.
Soo I asked my co-worker about the movie and he was like don't watch it cause it is not a true homage to that form of martial arts just a stupid hollywood movie, see this guy is an underground movie buff and likes to stay to his art, blah I think I'll rent it for the ACTION!
By
Rubex Cube, at 9:12 a.m.
but does he have a catch phrase???
like jet li has: "That... was a mistake!" or "I told you... dont... do that again!"
???
or is it just engrishfied out?
By
chinwhat, at 12:32 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home